Surf Fishing Sea Isle City and ISBP

Rate this topic

AdamHJeep

Headed to Sea Isle City for family Vaca next week.  What are the rules for surf fishing during the day and night on Sea Isle City beach?  I have my NJ license set.  Figure I will chunk with the family on the beach morning and evening.  Any restrictions after dark or otherwise things to know?

Also plan to get a 3 day offroad pass for ISBP and fish the inlet with plugs...

Thanks All

I'm not sure about the beachfront in SIC but i know you can fish the inlet beach section by the bridge all day. Most beaches here you have to go before the lifeguards show up or after they leave. You can fish Strathmere beaches also during the day because there are no lifeguards there. Just have to watch for dumbass swimmers who look right at you and see what you are doing yet still wade or swim their dumb ass right in front of you. 

mid island there are small jettys starting to become unsurfaced after the replenishment... you can fish parallel to them all day.  Lifeguards wont give you a hard time if you are close to them.

Townsends Inlet on the south end of the island or Corson's Inlet would be a good bet on the north end of the island, but like they said above IBSP is a long haul form SIC. 

Apparently, the police on ATVs are patrolling the beaches at night in order to curb underage drinking etc but if you are actively fishing and not partying they shouldnt bother you at the waters edge after dark.

Edited by wellman324
add info

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

island beach is probably 1.5 hours from sea isle you do know that. 

Yes I plan on making the trip at 4am and fish to noon prob Thursday / Friday the tides look right.  

Do you or anyone know if the 3 day $90 pass can be purchased in the early AM (5am)?  Otherwise I'd have to make a trip one afternoon when its raining as it looks will be a common thing next week.

4 hours ago, AdamHJeep said:

Yes I plan on making the trip at 4am and fish to noon prob Thursday / Friday the tides look right.  

Do you or anyone know if the 3 day $90 pass can be purchased in the early AM (5am)?  Otherwise I'd have to make a trip one afternoon when its raining as it looks will be a common thing next week.

purchase 24/7 at the gate