Beachmaster mini wadd and Johnny pencil

New BEACHMASTER mini wadd in olive and "Used" JOHNNY pencil in pearl gold, lure has visible hook rash and chip.....still plenty of life left

Mini wadd is SOLD

20 shipped and paypal'd for the Johnny pencil

20180726_161006.jpg

20180726_160956.jpg

20180726_160936.jpg

20180726_161155.jpg

20180726_160839.jpg

20180726_161217.jpg

Edited by zerostripes
Inaccurate description

3 hours ago, zerostripes said:

And yes it was purchased new here months ago

Here's the thread where you purchased this lure:

It wasn't represented as 'new' when you bought it - it didn't have hooks on it - and it had a chip out of the chin:

pencil-hook-pointers-original.jpg

I'm not sure if you fished it or not but it looks much more banged up now than it did in the original pictures - not sure how you can call a plug "new" that was purchased used and already chipped - OR how you can offer it as 'new' when there's a chip missing from the chin - OR how you can even pretend it's new when it's got hook pointers and rash on the side indicating that's it's been fished many times:

pencil-with-hook-pointers-close.jpg

One thing we require of people offering stuff for sale here is honesty - I don't know you but this doesn't seem very honest. How a plug that was sold you as used became 'new' - and how come you didn't take a picture of the chip missing from the chin - or the corrosion on the swivel. Can you explain to me why you'd be selling a used plug - that you bought already used - with obvious damage - as new?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

37 mins ago, TimS said:

It wasn't represented as 'new' when you bought it - it didn't have hooks on it - and it had a chip out of the chin:

I'm not sure if you fished it or not but it looks much more banged up now than it did in the original pictures - not sure how you can call a plug "new" that was purchased used and already chipped - OR how you can offer it as 'new' when there's a chip missing from the chin - OR how you can even pretend it's new when it's got hook pointers and rash on the side indicating that's it's been fished many times:

One thing we require of people offering stuff for sale here is honesty - I don't know you but this doesn't seem very honest. How a plug that was sold you as used became 'new' - and how come you didn't take a picture of the chip missing from the chin - or the corrosion on the swivel. Can you explain to me why you'd be selling a used plug - that you bought already used - with obvious damage - as new?

TimS

Not trying to be dishonest at all sir...i purchased this lure "new" from marc a few months ago.....was never fished nor carried. What you see was how i received it from him. The only thing different was marc put hooks and put tubes on them as stated on his post... like I said i'm not trying to rip anyone off, I've sold my fair share of lures here and from other sites and have never had an issue with anyone...I've even shared a tide or two from people I've met here....

47 mins ago, TimS said:

TimS

Not trying to be dishonest at all sir...i purchased this lure "new" from marc a few months ago.....was never fished nor carried. What you see was how i received it from him. The only thing different was marc put hooks and put tubes on them as stated on his post... like I said i'm not trying to rip anyone off, I've sold my fair share of lures here and from other sites and have never had an issue with anyone...I've even shared a tide or two from people I've met here....

20180726_233708.jpg

3 mins ago, zerostripes said:

The thread you purchased it in didn’t mention it being new. The hook marks on the side show that it was used. Why no photo of the chip on the chin? I ask because when someone buys this thinking it’s new they are gonna immediately know that it is not. Then the problems start. I’d like to avoid those problems - that’s why the rules ask folks to describe each item as accurately as possible. Calling this lure ‘new’ and failing to show the chip that appears to be missing from the chin does not accurately describe this item.

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

3 mins ago, zerostripes said:

Hook rash was on the original picture from Marc, just cant see since the light is reflecting off and with how this is painted its hard to see...I was under the impression this lure was new, like i said I'm not here to deceive or rip any one off

Please describe items as accurately as possible - if they have marks or wear or corrosion it should be mentioned and/or photographed. Do you think this lure is ‘new’?

3 mins ago, TimS said:

The thread you purchased it in didn’t mention it being new. The hook marks on the side show that it was used. Why no photo of the chip on the chin? I ask because when someone buys this thinking it’s new they are gonna immediately know that it is not. Then the problems start. I’d like to avoid those problems - that’s why the rules ask folks to describe each item as accurately as possible. Calling this lure ‘new’ and failing to show the chip that appears to be missing from the chin does not accurately describe this item.

TimS

I will be revising this thread with new pictures and changing the heading as "used" and will be taking pictures of the chip and rust under the swivels as to make people aware that it is indeed used...I'm not here to start any trouble. I apologize and will try not to miss any details the next time i sell something here.... thanks timS for pointing this issue out

12 mins ago, TimS said:

TimS

8 mins ago, TimS said:

Please describe items as accurately as possible - if they have marks or wear or corrosion it should be mentioned and/or photographed. Do you think this lure is ‘new’?

I did when i purchased it....not now since you pointed the obvious. Figured it was from storage and chip actually looks like epoxy dripping off the paint

7 hours ago, TimS said:

The thread you purchased it in didn’t mention it being new.

TimS

Tim,

I'm not trying to argue with most of your points about the need for an accurate description here and I really appreciate your forum rules and being privileged to use the BST..............................But- unless I'm missing something, the very first word (first sentence in fact) in the link you provided from the original sale is "New". It is followed by a period and a double space. I would read that as "New- end of sentence." Next line is "VMC hooks will be on when shipped." Perhaps you read that as "New VMC hooks will be on when shipped", but given the period and double spacing after the word new, I don't think that was Marc's intent and I don't think it would be unreasonable for zerostripes to have believed he was buying a new plug.

Edited by davef
correct quote

On 7/27/2018 at 7:20 AM, davef said:

But- unless I'm missing something, the very first word (first sentence in fact) in the link you provided from the original sale is "New".

You are correct - and I missed it, my apologies to all involved. I have never seen a 'new' plug with such hook rash and so many pointers.

I'm going to move this to the BST Discussion forum since it has become a discussion - the OP is welcome to relist this item - thanks.

TimS