pd07

2007 Silverado 2500 HD air pressure

12 posts in this topic

I have a Silverado 2500 HD that I used for work the past 11 years for my HVAC business. I resently went to work for another company and plan to use this for my OSV as I have a company vehicle now. This truck has a heavy Leer utility cap and a heavy steel bed slide that are staying in the truck, all tools are now gone. E rated tires on Truck.

My question is what do you guys Air down to on heavy vehicles. I’m thinking of 20/25 lbs to start to re adjust my deflators. I think 15 may be too low. 

2 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

I run my 2006 2500 with a utility body at 20psi. Only had to go lower once or twice. 

Thank you, good to know.

I have a 2006 2500 short bed and have run anywhere from 12PSI up to 20 and get best results at 15PSI. 

34 mins ago, JPO said:

I have a 2006 2500 short bed and have run anywhere from 12PSI up to 20 and get best results at 15PSI. 

Thanks for the info. May start at 20.

I have an 04 Duramax, Siverado, E rated tires, and Leer cap and I air down to 18 psi

FYI, just spent a week on AI. 9/1 to 9/8 and 20 psi worked well. Fishing was good too. I think she is going to make a good buggy.

2006 Suburban with E rated tires - air down to 18 psi, but have had to go down to 15 psi or a bit lower.  E rated tires don’t balloon out until you get this low.  

I have an 07 2500hd duramax with e rated tires. I have run it down to 20 on michelin tires. Thinking about bf goodrich for next set of tires.

13 hours ago, Dave588 said:

I have an 07 2500hd duramax with e rated tires. I have run it down to 20 on michelin tires. Thinking about bf goodrich for next set of tires.

I used to get the bf Goodrich but have since switched to Hankook dyna pro. Similar tire/tread design but get way more miles out of them.