mathman

Shoes for wading

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some shoes for wading the flats.  Some that won't fill up with sand/silt but can still negotiate riprap and jetties.  Any recommendations?

i have seen people talk about wearing flats booties over stockingfoot waders to help keep the sand out.  Hodgman and other companies make a few different pairs.  I was looking into getting a pair I could wear over lightweight waders as well as in the summer when walking sodbanks and wading for fluke.  Im looking to spend less than $50 and they seem to be a good shoe to do the job

Posted (edited) · Report post

Everlast Ray Guard Reef boots.

Use them for metal detecting, collecting & wade fishing.  Heavy but sturdy-even some decent arch & ankle support. Won't pull off and definitely protect your feet.

I don't have waders w/o boots so I can't speak to that-I just wade w shorts until it's too cold. 

Under $50

Edited by Gatr522

I use frogtog waders with boots and find this to be decent (my first waders). If I were to ever do it again, I would buy the ones that do not come with boots and buy Korkers separately 

3 mil neoprene dive socks, and wading boots of your choice. It's nearly impossible to keep all of the sand out of your boots/shoes, no matter what you wear. But the dive socks are comfortable, and protect your bare feet from whatever debris that finds its way into your boots.