fishyaf

What pier is this?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Worst thing about FL is that it's a complete police state.

Why the goliath is still protected is beyond me. Not to mention all the other insane laws. FWC is eco-facism at it's finest.

In regards to the inlet, I think I'm done with that place. Way too many people. Way too many tangles. Way too many snowflakes that think they are special because they are catching fish from shore...... Inferiority complex.

2 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Did the constant youtube videos of goliaths being caught create issues?

Wouldn't doubt that had something to do with it, because it definitely raised popularity and brought more attention to it. The spotburners like Victor and Joey doing the bulk of these vids, who are my friends, don't understand the backlash from what they do or understand the attention they bring. Problem is it leads to the fish being mishandled, regardless of the video. The bandwagoners come out way undergunned and do nothing but get constantly broken off, leaving hooks and heavy mono, wire, and line all over the bottom and in fish. If you get a fish up that's "small" you can net it but they are a pain to handle and get back in the water safely. Fish flopped back in the water, dropped multiple times, and wedged in nets only to be hand released. A big fish almost always gets abused trying to bring to a place to unhook. Gets beat into pilings, rocks, etc. and is kept on the hook way longer than need be. It is the best interest of the fish not to allow fishing for them, regardless of how I feel about the stock of this species, and if it is legal to target. In this case the rule protects the ****** from themselves if they keep enforcing it, by not allowing it. A nuisance fish to me, but no fish deserves to be abused like they are there for ig pics 

10 hours ago, GooganFish said:

Worst thing about FL is that it's a complete police state.

Why the goliath is still protected is beyond me. Not to mention all the other insane laws. FWC is eco-facism at it's finest.

In regards to the inlet, I think I'm done with that place. Way too many people. Way too many tangles. Way too many snowflakes that think they are special because they are catching fish from shore...... Inferiority complex.

A lot of the reasons FWC have crazy rules (red snapper) is due to the rules being set at a federal level and imposed on all the gulf states. It's one of the main reasons the gulf states have been pushing back against NOAA. 

There was a real need to pull way back on harvesting red snapper and Jew Fish, but at some point when populations rebound regulations need to be loosened.

I would love to see a limited set of tags on Goliaths, much like alligator tag issuances.

12 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Wouldn't doubt that had something to do with it, because it definitely raised popularity and brought more attention to it. The spotburners like Victor and Joey doing the bulk of these vids, who are my friends, don't understand the backlash from what they do or understand the attention they bring. Problem is it leads to the fish being mishandled, regardless of the video. The bandwagoners come out way undergunned and do nothing but get constantly broken off, leaving hooks and heavy mono, wire, and line all over the bottom and in fish. If you get a fish up that's "small" you can net it but they are a pain to handle and get back in the water safely. Fish flopped back in the water, dropped multiple times, and wedged in nets only to be hand released. A big fish almost always gets abused trying to bring to a place to unhook. Gets beat into pilings, rocks, etc. and is kept on the hook way longer than need be. It is the best interest of the fish not to allow fishing for them, regardless of how I feel about the stock of this species, and if it is legal to target. In this case the rule protects the ****** from themselves if they keep enforcing it, by not allowing it. A nuisance fish to me, but no fish deserves to be abused like they are there for ig pics 

Victor and Joey, are they from "Land Shark Fishing"?

5 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Victor and Joey, are they from "Land Shark Fishing"?

Victor is, Joey is Joey Antonelli. Im in alot of their videos when it comes to the inlet, but they both know I don't agree with what they do, and I don't even realize I'm being filmed half the time. Was pressured by friends to do YouTube years ago, and would be perfect for what I want to do because I enjoy that place more than anywhere and teaching others, but there is the one major drawback of spotburning. Couldn't do that to my peers, so I just earn money the hard way by commercial fishing. Is a crappy senario when you like them both as people, but dispise their view on information share so I have to hold back on sharing much with them.