fishyaf

What pier is this?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, acesover said:

And one where I believe it is illegal to remove the Goliath from the water. 

I thought the exact same thing but apparently (so I have been told) there have been court cases that have ruled against the FWC on that rule.

The key issue is to ensure that they survive the capture and release.

if fishing / catching Fla laws are being violated , then a good summons / fine is called for . 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but fishing equipment can be confiscated by police as part of the fine . Wish it just happens a few times and people will get the message . It's not just in FLA but in a lot of states in this country 

The thing is that people don't do it in a timely manner... everybody wants a picture then they want to measure it and weight it... then you always have onlooker who also wish to have a picture taken with it....And most people just want to boast about it and make sure everybody see it.... 

And if you look at the law stated it said "Immediately"  returned to the water free, alive and unharmed.. Photo are to be taken "Only" during the active act of release... and anything else that delay the act of release is breaking the law...

Don't get me wrong i'm in favor for them to open up a season on them.... but i just get tired of watching people letting them lay on the pier while everybody yells and holler... I also have no problem letting them know about the law and if they just give me that look... i pull out my phone and start calling... and if they ask i just them i'm calling the law... that always seem to kick them into high gear...Again don't get me wrong i don't mind people posting or taking pictures... but what happens is you have a bunch of Yahoos out there that don't have a clue about fishing laws and most don't even care anymore.... and like they say monkey see, monkey do.... and most monkeys don't have enough brains..... just saying

They instituted a park rule a few month ago where you can no longer target them from the jetties, so it is illegal. Read rule 18 before you try and go target them, because tickets have already been issued evidently.IMG_20181013_000723_490.jpg.c136fc0a7cc087f05f857b0b32e8404b.jpg