Billy29

Whaler 170 vs Parker 1801

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, Eric_S said:

Well, it happened. My 18ft Parker got me a tuna. I didn't even have to trek to the coimbra. This boat has surpassed any expectation I had. I still take a beating some days when conditions go south, but for an 18ft boat, it sure does provide me a lot of opportunities. 

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_48092.JPG

WOW!!! That's awesome! What was the final length and weight? What kind of rod and reel?! Love it when guys haul big fish in little boats! 

Thanks! No official weight. It was a 51" curved fork length. Based on charts that puts it around 85lbs. Got it with a VS250 and a Shimano Terez popping rod. We were sea bass fishing when we were inundated by 20-40lb stripers and bluefin tuna. Just one of those days :)

Picked up a 2011 1801 as my first boat back in September after a long search. Super happy with it and the performance. Finally got it out front this past weekend and it performed as well as I would of thought. I’m used to a 17ft Mako and 24ft Grady CC and I have to say the Parker was a nice ride. Plenty of deck space really makes it feel almost like a 20ft boat. Had it out front in what was supposed to be 2ft seas but ended up being more like 3-4ft seas and the little bit I was out felt super safe and it operated flawlessly. I have the 115 and I normally cruise at 30mph at 4500RPM. Hands down would take the Parker over the Boston Whaler any day. 

BAD67B5E-A37D-44A2-9FD4-00EA02B53B17.jpeg