DelMarVa custom rod thread

Rate this topic

View Postsquall would be a great fit!

wasn't lucky that built it...twas me. Glad you like it! Hope it slays some giants for you.

My bad Chark and Lucky! The more I think about it he did tell me you built it. Either way thanks for all of the info and an awesome rod, I hope to have it set up by years end!

Chark were you on the Smoker during the WMO?

Sorry picture quality is bad from my phone.

I haven't taken a lot of photos of my builds, except with fish in them ha ha... But here are a couple of a freshwater build I just did for my nephew for Christmas. Blanks is a mudhole MHX SJ842... The MHx's are sweet blanks btw. Spiral cord wrap at the base w/ flat cord underneath the fuji plate seat. Turks head to finish the grip. Guides are Fuji Ys and Ls... w/ concept style layout. Sorry picture quality is lacking a bit.

Thanks Springer! The spiral part of that wrap is really just a series of advancing half-hitch knots, using two strands of cord--one black strand and one olive. Sorry, I don't have a link as I just kind of came up w/ it myself. One of these days I will have to take a bunch of pics when I do one and post up a "how-to."

Does that cord bother your hands after hours of fishing?...if I fish in a tourney (long hours and back to back days) and its cold and dry, my hands hurt like hell..maybe Iam a sis, but sometimes I cringe at the thought of rebaiting...I have shrink tubing for a handle...I now end up putting on gloves when I just start feeling the pain.

TJ and others, Iam amazed at your detail...they simply look awsome...Iam gonna build a few for me this winter...gonna use black thread and probably not even gonna put on a reel seat...thats it...they ain't gonna be pretty, just hope they cast good.

View PostDoes that cord bother your hands after hours of fishing?...if I fish in a tourney (long hours and back to back days) and its cold and dry, my hands hurt like hell..maybe Iam a sis, but sometimes I cringe at the thought of rebaiting...I have shrink tubing for a handle...I now end up putting on gloves when I just start feeling the pain.

TJ and others, Iam amazed at your detail...they simply look awsome...Iam gonna build a few for me this winter...gonna use black thread and probably not even gonna put on a reel seat...thats it...they ain't gonna be pretty, just hope they cast good.

so far so good on the long sits and cord, some strategically placed shrink over the cord is really nice too and I do it on some rods. Over time the cord will wear and soften, out of the gate it is tough and as durable as it gets going in and out of spikes like we do.

aint nothing wrong with gloves either.

• luckyOC changed the title to DelMarVa custom rod thread