Surf Rod case

Rate this topic

paularchibald8

Hey guys so i just got my first relatively expensive surf rod and i obviously dont wanna break it and have to replace it so that brought me to the issue of a case.  Does anyone know of where to find a case that fits 2 piece surf rods with the reel still on the rod?  I dont want to go the homemade pvc route as i would like to have a nice case that i can leave my saragossa on the rod.  Ive searched the internet pretty well and havent found anything yet.  Want to have one that i can take the rod apart and fit everything in the case. SO now i turn to you knowledgeable folks for any ideas you might have .  

Edited by paularchibald8

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, paularchibald8 said:

Hey guys so i just got my first relatively expensive surf rod and i obviously dont wanna break it and have to replace it so that brought me to the issue of a case.  Does anyone know of where to find a case that fits 2 piece surf rods with the reel still on the rod?  I dont want to go the homemade pvc route as i would like to have a nice case that i can leave my saragossa on the rod.  Ive searched the internet pretty well and havent found anything yet.  Want to have one that i can take the rod apart and fit everything in the case. SO now i turn to you knowledgeable folks for any ideas you might have .  

I have seen reel on rod cases as you described but only in smaller sizes for two piece rods 7-8 ft max.  I have a pickup with a tonneau cover on it. My two piece rod with reel on lays inside a cheap Walmart sleeping bag in the bed of my truck. Top and bottom don't touch and it's plenty protected. It's good to protect the rod. Rods and reels get knocked around quite a bit during transit.