Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mousam

No light contest?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Okay this is not a spot burn but I found a place where the tides are right where almost anyone with a rod can catch at least five stripers in two hours. Probably none over 42” but lots of decent smaller ones 30” and a bit more. Having NO LIGHTS will help make it a bit more challenging so it’s no too easy for anyone. 

Anyone want to do a contest next couple of nights? The spot is close to a fishing co-op and has a jetty area where there’s plenty of room. The co-op has lighting to allow you to set up. The rules would be using no artificial lights like headlamp or anything else. Only exception would be answering the phone if spouse or children call because the younger generations are looking to us for an example and we always need to put FAMILY first. 

This is spot has been HOT before and after high tide. I’ll be there tonight and I’ll go NO LIGHTS if anyone wants to join. 

Ok kinda a spot burn as I know where everything you mentioned is. I generally only use a head lamp for changing flies tying. I caught a 42 in that “area” last year so there’s potential. Becareful on the Jetty with no light seeing some devistating accidents on them even in daylight.

“Not a spot burn” but anyone that’s been fishing in the area in the past 20 years would immediately know where you are talking about. Just remember that FISH come first if you really cared about them Mousum you would only take advantage of this spots GREAT fishing with a circle hook bent so it is completely STRAIGHT. Only way to safely release those fish ya know. I heard the best bait there is FROZEN salmon fished under a half inflated beach ball. Make sure the beach ball is painted completely BLACK on the top and WHITE underneath. This will attract LARGE. Good luck hold on to the rod tight.

2 hours ago, EarningStripes207 said:

“Not a spot burn” but anyone that’s been fishing in the area in the past 20 years would immediately know where you are talking about. Just remember that FISH come first if you really cared about them Mousum you would only take advantage of this spots GREAT fishing with a circle hook bent so it is completely STRAIGHT. Only way to safely release those fish ya know. I heard the best bait there is FROZEN salmon fished under a half inflated beach ball. Make sure the beach ball is painted completely BLACK on the top and WHITE underneath. This will attract LARGE. Good luck hold on to the rod tight.

Thank YOU for the feedback but I have to say I am having a hard time following this. 

I am sorry if the description was too specific and will try to be more vague in future posts. 

With the circle hook are you sure that is legal ??? It seems like an interesting idea and might help avoid seaweed but I try to be careful and respectful of all laws. I definitely think this approach would be okay in NH. 

Salmon is TOO rich for my blood !!! I’ve been doing well with chunk MACKS and bloodworms too. Does salmon work good at night ???

Cool idea with beach ball. I will give this a shot if conditions get choppy !!! 

Thank you again !!! Love this forum and feel like the luckiest fisherman north of Montauk being part of this community !!!

4 hours ago, EarningStripes207 said:

Just remember that FISH come first if you really cared about them Mousum you would only take advantage of this spots GREAT fishing with a circle hook bent so it is completely STRAIGHT. Only way to safely release those fish ya know. I heard the best bait there is FROZEN salmon fished under a half inflated beach ball. Make sure the beach ball is painted completely BLACK on the top and WHITE underneath. This will attract LARGE. Good luck hold on to the rod tight.

1 hour ago, Mousam said:

With the circle hook are you sure that is legal ??? It seems like an interesting idea and might help avoid seaweed but I try to be careful and respectful of all laws. I definitely think this approach would be okay in NH. 

Salmon is TOO rich for my blood !!! I’ve been doing well with chunk MACKS and bloodworms too. Does salmon work good at night ???

Cool idea with beach ball. I will give this a shot if conditions get choppy !!! 

Me thinks that somebody is pulling somebody's chain. :wag:

Possibly in both directions ??? :wag:

11 hours ago, Crozzbow said:

Me thinks that somebody is pulling somebody's chain. :wag:

Possibly in both directions ??? :wag:

sorry crozzbow, hard to resist replying with crap when this troll pops his head out from under the bridge for a quick comment. Not that the Info behind the post is BS but come on, "No light contest", funny but hard for me to take seriously. 

2 hours ago, EarningStripes207 said:

sorry crozzbow, hard to resist replying with crap when this troll pops his head out from under the bridge for a quick comment. Not that the Info behind the post is BS but come on, "No light contest", funny but hard for me to take seriously. 

You sure are not a very nice guy. I happen to think and still think it was a fun idea. My grandpa taught me to keep my chin up and ignore bullies so I’m going to do my best to do that right now. I wish you only GOOD luck on the water sir. 

2 hours ago, aae0130 said:

I have a different contest proposal. Jetty fishing with no jetty. I have caught some 40pounders there. Anyone with a drop line can do it. 

I have never used a HANDLINE. How does it work?