Gilgo to Re-Open!!!

Rate this topic

dc1874

There's enough sand in Fire Island Inlet to build a lot of beach.  Very narrow channel at one point; the Coast Guard now has two "4" buoys because, I suppose, the first one is stuck so deep in a sandbar that they couldn't pull it out, and had to put in a second one to keep boats from running aground.  Had 4.7 feet at mid-channel coming in yesterday.  If they do a comprehensive dredging job, you should have your beach back.

Edited by CWitek

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

Unreal.. urgent to protect Ocean Parkway but the fn plovers...

"The latest erosion became urgent in April, when the state Department of Environmental Conservation said it found just 36 feet divided the Atlantic from Ocean Parkway, the barrier island’s spine. This heightens the risk that a storm will cleave the island in two, officials have said."

"The work cannot start until after threatened piping plovers have flown off — typically by Labor Day. Proponents want the project to start as quickly as possible to reduce the odds of another storm like superstorm Sandy destroying Ocean Parkway."

Thats would be nice, but doubt it happens

they will claim it's opening only to tell ya its not after you purchase the permit

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

• 2 weeks later...
3 mins ago, hobobob said:

So 3 more years? Or maybe 5 if they ran into budget problem?

what was the projection on Green Island?  yet it took 20 years lol

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

1 min ago, Sandflee said:

what was the projection on Green Island?  yet it took 20 years lol

lol, they still manage to deviate from the original plan and F**k it up.  How many of you like the current green island design?  Realistically, how many people can fish that pier comfortably when the current is running. 2 to 4?  If there is a space hogger with multiple rods, one someone never fish that place before, forget it, might as well go pack it up. And watch that back cast, it's a doozy.

35 mins ago, hobobob said:

lol, they still manage to deviate from the original plan and F**k it up.  How many of you like the current green island design?  Realistically, how many people can fish that pier comfortably when the current is running. 2 to 4?  If there is a space hogger with multiple rods, one someone never fish that place before, forget it, might as well go pack it up. And watch that back cast, it's a doozy.

its more of a spot that allows those to soon be ticketed to congregate, I've seen more summons written there than all other areas combined

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Amazing how that bird can hold us hostage--grow a pair of calyoons and tell the tree huggers we had enough of their stupidity-they have ruined enough lives and people's lively hood- the craziness has to stop--what will happen if a bad storm washes away ocean parkway? I believe this country has lost its way-money rules and it should stop--I've been around a few years and years ago I never heard of piping plovers-a bird that builds its nest where they do wasn't meant to survive-put all the fences you want-hungry nature will win--rreelman