Southcoastphil

Fishing, eating, and telling lies event on 7/28. All are welcome!

Rate this topic

203 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes, ALL ARE WELCOME! 

QUICK NOTE ON TROLLS FOR NON-TROLLS:

Ditch Trolls (at least in my experience in the last few years) is a group of guys ranging from 12 to "some number" years of age, who share a passion for fishing (Stripers, of course, AND anything from blues to Black Sea Bass to fluke to scup to tuna to sharks to...well, you get the picture) and enjoy sharing times on the water, conservation ethics, ideas and some good-natured ribbing (once you get to know us).  Some are very sage and experienced (and they are, thankfully, more than willing to share their knowledge), some are very new to striper fishing, and most of us fall somewhere in the middle.  

No one cares one whit about your equipment, whether you fish with $$$$ rods and reels or 40-year old fiberglass Lamis and 25-year old Penn 850ss reels (like I was using this morning on the Ditch).  

I just realized that many people don't know about our event at Scusset on the 28th, since we have been discussing it here:  

I'll post a link from that thread to this one.  Please use this thread going forward.

VERY INFORMAL!

Scusset picnic table area, Saturday, July 28th.  Cooking starts at 11:00 AM.  Pre-cooking fishing (and lies, I'll bet) start at whatever time folks want to meet up to fish.  Bring what you can for food, cooking gear, etc.  (See my notes below for details.)

So far, it appears that the following will/might attend:

Matt A P (bad attitude and all!!)

Sandbar1

Lonellr and Peter-Repeter (or is it Repeter-Peter?), our friends who will be visiting from VA

RRBF is a maybe

Chuck?

Wayne?

Angler #1:  Carl, I do hope that you can make it, my friend!

heyblue34

Stripercrazy? Eddy, let us know, please.

FyshhTrap?

peterk123?

Eagles Dare, will you be able to join us?  (If not, someone will pick up your venison!)

Saxon, no word from  you, mate, as yet.

TYBYRD, will you still be away, or will you and Evan be able to join us?

Please confirm whether or not you plan to attend.

New folks, just respond here if you would like to join us!

We are a little over TWO weeks away!

Who's bringing what?

I will bring a slow-roast crispy-skin pork shoulder.  I'm pretty sure that I have some disposable plates, cups and plastic-ware.

I do not have a grill, else I would bring it.  If I can rescue my Coleman stove from my kids, I will bring it.

Off the top of my head, we will need:

Paper towels

Other food (dogs, burgers, rolls, slaw, etc.) and condiments

Water

Folding table(s)

Grills

Grilling tools

What else??

Looking forward to seeing my friends and meeting new friends in a few weeks!!

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that there will be an optional plug swap.  Some very interesting things have surfaced at these swaps in the past.  (Doesn't have to be plugs.  Jigs, tins, books, anything goes!!)

Edited by Southcoastphil

Hi Phil...

I'm thinking that I might be available but I'm in Vermont the previous week so anything can happen... I should be able to firm up by the end of next week...

Thanks,

Jim

Posted (edited) · Report post

If all goes as planned, I should be home from Wisconsin on the 24th.

Evan and I will do our best to make it out East for the gathering.

I won't have a definite until the 26th but....If stars align and we are able to go, We can bring something edible and utensils/papertowels.

I could also bring a 2'x2'x3' portable smoker/oven to heat up any dishes that need it.  

Edited by TBYRD
Momentary lapse of reason.....

1 hour ago, TBYRD said:

If all goes as planned, I should be home from Wisconsin on the 24th.

Evan and I will do our best to make it out East for the gathering.

I won't have a definite until the 26th but....If stars align and we are able to go, We can bring something edible and utensils/papertowels.

I could also bring a 2'x2'x3' portable smoker/oven to heat up any dishes that need it.  

Hope that you two can make it.  Been too long since I have seen you!

Please do bring that oven/smoker if you come.

Im sorry some guys were looking for DT swag i dont have any left . But if someone wants to stop and see Mike at M&d i think he still has stickers !

it might be time to print up some new stuff 

I'll almost certainly be there. Not sure what I'm going to bring yet but I'll have a plug to swap.

Anyone want to fish before?

35 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

I'll almost certainly be there. Not sure what I'm going to bring yet but I'll have a plug to swap.

What?????

I'm in for dawn patrol (or earlier).

To pre-empt others' comments, yes, it is the only way that I will be there on time!!

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

I'll fish with you 25th 26th 27th anytime !!!

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

Yesss

1 hour ago, Southcoastphil said:

What?????

I'm in for dawn patrol (or earlier).

To pre-empt others' comments, yes, it is the only way that I will be there on time!!

Yessss

I will be here for this. Wifey is going to make meatball calzones, also I have a Coleman grill with gas. Shall I bring that?  Might be good for heating up pots or anything I guess. 

I will hit the dawn patrol for sure..... Wooooo!! 

3 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I will hit the dawn patrol for sure..... Wooooo!! 

I'll be there !!