RIOT KAYAKS Pedal Kayak Starting at 1000 bucks!

Did I just hear that right?  An honest salesman tells us it's not sealed on top and he doesn't care...it has plastic gears and aluminum inside!  Plastic gears!  I have to get this kayak. This is the show stopper Icast..versatility!

21 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Did I just hear that right?  An honest salesman tells us it's not sealed on top and he doesn't care...it has plastic gears and aluminum inside!  Plastic gears!  I have to get this kayak. This is the show stopper Icast..versatility!

Definitly an innovative solution, and I would imagine if you ever need to replace that drive it would much much cheaper than any of the others 

3 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Check this out...it will fit a Hobie Drive!  I love it! It's a barge but just to put in a second drive that is more than cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mirage drive will fit in this kayak or this pedal drive will fit in a hobie? 

1 hour ago, Bdawk2020 said:

The mirage drive will fit in this kayak or this pedal drive will fit in a hobie? 

I would say both kayaks. Drive looks slim and will fit in the Hobie well.

Edited by The Riddler

7 hours ago, gobigblue said:

Whats the warranty on this yak

Basically, it is not good. After year 1 you are looking at a LOT of money for replacement. So, you are trading a great, low price for a piss-poor warranty. Too bad, because it could have  really been a Hobie killer.

All Riot brand kayaks are guaranteed against DEFECTS AND WORKMANSHIP according to the following stipulations so long as the above criteria have been met:
A: Kayak hulls are under warranty to the original owner only for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase from an authorized Riot dealer. The customer is responsible for all shipping to and from Riot HQ or an authorized Riot dealer.

1. Hulls which prove defective within twelve (12) months will be repaired or replaced free of charge at Riot’s discretion.
  2. Hulls which prove defective after twelve (12) months but under twenty-four (24) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 50 % of the current Riot retail price.
  3. Hulls which prove defective after twenty-four (24) months but under thirty-six (36) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 60 % of the current Riot retail price.
  4. Hulls which prove defective after thirty-six (36) months but under forty-eight (48) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 70 % of the current Riot retail price.
  5. Hulls which prove defective after forty-eight (48) months but under sixty (60) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 80 % of the current Riot retail price.

B: Kayak parts (excluding fins and rudder or skeg blades) are under warranty to the original owner only for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase from an authorized Riot dealer.

Still exciting times, we are at least seeing a lot of options, couple things:

1.) Hull warranty is important to Hobie owners but a lot of others don't have the cracking problems so people will not consider it as much perhaps, I had been blissfully ignorant of my warranties and just having fun.

2.) They took a lot of ideas from other kayaks, such a the seat looks like it is just about interchangeable with a Native or Liquid Logic kayak, same mounts and stiching, not a bad thing Native seats are great.

3.) They have  a lot of straps and stuff on yak easy to outfit, some wouldn't be needed by many people.

4.) Pedal yak with adjustable foot braces. Why not.

5.) The interchangeable drive with any other drive is cool, might be jury rigged to mount but wow!

6.) I believe there hull weight includes the drive, so pretty light for a pedal drive. Weight is why I'm changing from a slayer 13 to Liquid Logic manta ray 12 and it is a hugh difference for me.

7.) The rudder handle on the yellow kayak looks too far back, and might be annoying to use, Hobie and Natives (only ones I have driven) are located very nice.

8.) The drive might prove to be amazing, as long as sand can easily wash out an not get in the gears.

9.) Riddler get the 14' model an let's see if you can tear it up, Thanx! ..........Jack

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!

Nice find Riddler.   I know you've always wanted and have in the past an alternative to the Hobies.    I haven't checked out the 16 foot spec's yet but plan on doing just that.  I''m interested in it's width and what the AB version is selling for.   Nice to see the competition is starting give Hobie a run for it's money.   

As far as Hobie turning it's back on us salty guys......really how much would it cost THEM to just build a few more molds in the different Revo lengths and put a surf style bow on them?  I imagine they could even offer it as a custom special order.   

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

Didn't find the spec's on a 16 or a 14 footer.  Maybe I heard wrong but thought that they had longer pedal driven yak's than just the 10 & 12 mentioned in that video segment.   :shrug:

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

I just reached out to a dealer. There may be an early release or not till October. Waiting for a call back Monday. I am hoping to have this kayak in my hands ASAP and I will get the information about models and prices. This kayak is worthy of a review.