deadbeat lecturing deadbeats at NATO

Rate this topic

JohnP

2 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Libs can say what they want about the Donald, but publically shaming the Germans about dumping billions into the nation were protecting them from while they enjoy a free ride fwas FIng brilliant, correct, and needed to be said.

agreed.  And the rest of those pantywaists over there are afraid of Merkel so knocking her down a few pegs is good

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

38 mins ago, jkrock said:

Is it better if Europe pays more or less for their own defense?

This is the question.  The next one is, who has prompted/initiated this discussion?

I was unaware that NATO countries were remiss in adhering to the NATO recs.  The organization has had ample time to both notice, adjust, and rectify this.  Shame on them.

14 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Libs can say what they want about the Donald, but publically shaming the Germans about dumping billions into the nation we're protecting them from while they enjoy a free ride was F-Ing brilliant, correct, and needed to be said.  And who can deny his public irritation didn't send a clear message?

I didn't want this guy for President, but if I can give him credit where due, adult Libs ought to be able to do the same.

^

In terms of PG posts in 2018, Nessmuk is batting about .850 so far.  

5 mins ago, 55555s said:

^

In terms of PG posts in 2018, Nessmuk is batting about .850 so far.  

Thank you, but this is actually Nessmuk's wife.  I just use his account in case there's trouble.  I love him, for some reason, maybe because he mows the lawn, but he's really a freaking idiot.  He's staring at the wall right now asking me if I can see Ronald Reagan's face in the shadow.

1 min ago, Nessmuk said:

Thank you, but this is actually Nessmuk's wife.  I just use his account in case there's trouble.  I love him, for some reason, maybe because he mows the lawn, but he's really a freaking idiot.  He's staring at the wall right now asking me if I can see Ronald Reagan's face in the shadow.

Down to 0.632 :witty:

Edited by RIRockhound
In me the scientist, Always stuck on, always trying this. I try to live on science alone. Analysis and freaky sensitivity, We've gotta live on science alone" Dandy Warhols

Just now, Nessmuk said:

Hi, this is 55555s ten year old son.  Dad is busy trying to figure out how the Keurig machine works.  He asked me to screen the threads while he is busy.

1 hour ago, Little said:

Its a helluva full circle we've come in this nation. here in 2018

Get a cup of coffee, sit down, flip on the machine and watch American citizens root for  Germans.

Not new just exposed by their emotional breakdowns... 

40 mins ago, Little said:

Who are we fighting in Germany?

JW, I refuse to believe you don't already know my answer to your rhetorical question, you just don't want to accept it. because money.

Just like in SK, our presence is a deterrent, and if you want to study some military logistics, absolutely vital to our ability to project military power.

Hell yeah money.  We can do better.  Compromise.

Cut the labor and put the places in cold storage.  Jusr be ready in case we have ti fight whoever.

Tell the bad guys we will use our missiles if they declare war.

Id like to see someone shoot for that.  Thats fair.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Doesn't work to just put all this stuff into storage.  Some, sure.  We already do that at places like Diego, but there's limits.  Show some pictures of a bunch of shiny, beautiful M1's sitting in a vulnerable warehouse in Europe while soldiers sitting around in the US can't stay current training in those vehicles.  Looks bad, is bad.  Look at the time and effort required to get everuthing needed over to Europe, especially after you already got your reduced bill by gutting the very tanker and airlift fleet, and ships you need to deploy that stuff.  And the time needed...weeks, months to move.  Insane to bank on having that.  I've read the military analysis on this very problem.

All that being the facts of life, it won't matter how we get what we have left over there if the NATO members don't spend the agreed upon amount on their own defense.  Trump needs to demand they pay what they agreed or they're out.  I think about five of the members meet their commitments, we should reward them.  The rest should be motivated.

8 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Doesn't work to just put all this stuff into storage.  Some, sure.  We already do that at places like Diego, but there's limits.  Show some pictures of a bunch of shiny, beautiful M1's sitting in a vulnerable warehouse in Europe while soldiers sitting around in the US can't stay current training in those vehicles.  Looks bad, is bad.  Look at the time and effort required to get everuthing needed over to Europe, especially after you already got your reduced bill by gutting the very tanker and airlift fleet, and ships you need to deploy that stuff.  And the time needed...weeks, months to move.  Insane to bank on having that.  I've read the military analysis on this very problem.

All that being the facts of life, it won't matter how we get what we have left over there if the NATO members don't spend the agreed upon amount on their own defense.  Trump needs to demand they pay what they agreed or they're out.  I think about five of the members meet their commitments, we should reward them.  The rest should be motivated.

I mean for real.  We leave some fricking guards there, I dont mean abandon.

And we also get some payback on all these nuclear bombs.  And tell these creeps that we will use them if you8 try to screw around-until we re hire an army

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand