paularchibald8

Black Hole Rod Dealers

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Lou T said:

Just so you know; having extra rod length translates into greater casting distance. However weather you prefer the 9'-6" or  10'-6" both rods share great fish fighting capabilities. At that Tarpon location plugs are caste out into a outgoing tide and drifted out with it, then worked in for the strike. Daniel is a master of this technique.

I myself have a custom 11' Frontier X,  2-6 oz. It's my rod of choice when I want great distance and unparalleled fish fighting capabilities.

Lou T

Yes im aware of that i just decided that the change in distance id get would be less use of me that the better control and feel of the slightly shorter rod

4 hours ago, ksong said:

In this industry you got to pay when you get rods. We developed over 70 different .models of rods/blanks. 

It is hard predict which rods sell good and it takes 4 - 6 months to get them when ordered. 

It is inevitable some rods sell out and have to wait for several months, especially new rods like Charter Special and Suzuki rods.

We will try our best to have them in stock 

Many months ago I told you the "economic versions" would be big sellers. 

If the production of rods is so far behind they need to increase production ........ maybe add another shift.

J:wag:n

On 7/14/2018 at 11:10 PM, ksong said:

Still not mny anglers use Black Hole surf rods. But I am confident Black Hole  surf rods wil be appreciated by surf anglers 

Did you hear back from your reviewers? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’ve used the Blackhole Heavy II 11’ this entire season as my jigstick at the CCC. The rod is beyond capable and has been an absolute pleasure to use. I had originally planned on going with the 10’ Heavy II after speaking with Russ Dimauro, and trying his that he used all of last season. While this would be my preferred length for jigging, when Redtop received the 11’, I handled the rod, and decided to have a go with it.

Besides the past 4 months, the past 4 days have been the perfect testing environment. Big fish, in big numbers, big tides, and enough meatheads around you to not have the luxury of playing the fish. I have put the rod through the absolute ringer, and told @ksong after my initial impression 4 months ago that I would need to truly put the Heavy II through some quality fish in several settings to provide a true review. Well, I can undoubtedly say that this rod is the real deal, and a top tier option for a heavy stick at the CCC. 

You can really see how these rods have trickled down from a company specializing in heavy tuna/GT popping, and everything from the guides, wraps, epoxy, finish, and most importantly, performance has exceeded my expectations. I’m not sponsored by, affiliated with, or a part of Black Hole USA in any way, and paid just shy of full retail for my Heavy II. I’m pleased to report that so far it’s been one of those tackle purchases that I couldn’t be happier with.

Edited by Dan_evan1
Forgot to give credit to Russell Dimauro* for the referral

18 hours ago, paularchibald8 said:

Yes im aware of that i just decided that the change in distance id get would be less use of me that the better control and feel of the slightly shorter rod

I'm with you there Paul, this spring my go to rod was a 9'-6" NEX1, just so I could go one piece. There is no better rod for the back bay or nights when you do not need distance than a 9 foot or 9'-6" rod. Its allows you too finesse a bait that you just can not do with a larger heaver action rod. 

I know your really going to enjoy your new Frontier X. I could not be happier with mine.

Good Luck with it and tight lines

Lou

Posted (edited) · Report post

mcp7.thumb.jpg.fb88e9752e21dee4722c8327f20b5782.jpg

This blank is originally 9' rated 1/2 - 3 1/2oz. With a 6" butt extension the rod is capable of throwing 4oz. as shown with me removing Mike's Z Glider from this Bass. More importantly was the action I was able to put on the plug, and have a feel of exactly what was going on. This was one of, quite a few fish I triggered into biting that night by; occasionally adding three to four quick plumps with a stepped up retrieve then resuming a steady retrieve letting the glider do its job. I was not able to duplicate this action or have the feel for it when I went back the following evening; with a eleven foot 2 - 6 oz. although the fish where there.

Good luck the rest of this season, and I hope your line comes tight with a biggen...;)

Lou    

Edited by Lou T