Tom T

Who wants to help a touron/shoobie/benny?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, Tom T said:

Thanks dena,

We'll be at Cheshire crab house for a planned (big) family meal.  Appreciate the info :th: 

You should be happy there. Park under the boat racks.

Try the corn fritters.

The area, as a whole, is not really a touristy area, more residential.

So, you are not going to find much touristy to do unless you leave the 'dena, about 10-15 miles+

Couple of little hidden gems. Primo Italian is the best this side of the City, Stoney Creek Inn has been on TV a couple of times, a little family owned joint. The Pit Beef in the Brass Rail parking lot is good, when they are set up.

And, Royal Farms chicken is the best convenience store chicken going.

Edited by dena

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lisa's deli is a classic (relatively new) joint. A few bar stools and a couple tables.... Bring your thick skin, it's a fun atmosphere but she takes no "s" and is fun joint. If you have auto issues on your trip, Daves Auto a block away is top notch and fair.... Btw, I was the super on the Royal Farms build in between them. Awesome fried chicken. Good luck man. Lastly, the Dolphins have really screws up the bite.... Hundreds if not thousands have invaded the bay and are eating everything! Perch, spot, croaker, rockfish and bluefish.... I've heard reports from a few friends of them balling up spot and croaker and pushing them to the surface and cleaning them out.  I've never scene spot nor croaker busting on top except one time at AI and the had Dolphins and sharks pushing them. Get an UL and have fun inshore with great eating perch if you can't find river/bay bite. Lastly, take a trip up Pulaski Hwy and try one of the several pit beef joints (a local classic).... There used to be dozens, but still plenty to choose..... I recommend a little BBQ, horseradish and raw onion on you put samdwhich.... Medium rare of course.... Washed down with an ice cold Natty Bo.... Which you will obviously have on ice in your own cooler as most if not all do not serve alcohol.

Edited by h2oboss

The chicken strips at Royal Farms is the best.  Nice meaty chicken strips.

The Chesapeake sauce is pretty good too.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:52 PM, dena said:

You should be happy there. Park under the boat racks.

Try the corn fritters.

The area, as a whole, is not really a touristy area, more residential.

So, you are not going to find much touristy to do unless you leave the 'dena, about 10-15 miles+

Couple of little hidden gems. Primo Italian is the best this side of the City, Stoney Creek Inn has been on TV a couple of times, a little family owned joint. The Pit Beef in the Brass Rail parking lot is good, when they are set up.

And, Royal Farms chicken is the best convenience store chicken going.

Royal Farms chicken is pretty damn good..

We had a Circle K open near us about 4 months ago. Their chicken is even better IMO...

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Finster said:

Royal Farms chicken is pretty damn good..

We had a Circle K open near us about 4 months ago. Their chicken is even better IMO...

Daaaaaaamn ! where's that circle K ??? I lived off circle K chicken when I was at NC State .

Got home yesterday and want to thank all of you, and especially dena, for the great info.  We had a lot of fun in your beautiful part of the country.  30ish of us were spread around the area, but the place my folks rented ended up being the gathering house...even though one cousin rented a monster of a house over on Bay Front Drive..our place was more convenient. As a result of that I spent a lot of time and money in your Safeway.  Pro tip: the store brand Italian sausage is really good.    Royal Farms chicken hit the spot as well :th: 

Stoney Creek Inn was good (I could personally do with a little less Old Bay in the crabcake...but tasty nonetheless), Chesire Crabhouse was a great venue for all of us to gather at and dig into some awesome crabs, kudos to the wait staff for dealing with a big party of various personalities and handling it like a champ.  Ice cold Natty Bo was the beer of choice all week. Not thrilled that I missed out on a pit beef sandwich this trip. :beatin: 

Killed most mornings by waking up early and playing with the perch. Fried up a bunch of them one day...tasty little bastages.   Kids got a couple small stripers as well.  Full disclosure, the kids not being aware of size limits...you people are short a striper this year.  I apologize and will make it up to all of you somehow.  Caught some crabs also and had a nice crab sauce with pasta on our final day.

Again, I appreciate your time and info.  If you get up to dirty Jersey let me know.  I'll have some smart guys get you info. :D

2018-07-30 06.11.45 (2).jpg

2018-07-31_18_05_05.jpg

2018-08-02 14.59.33.jpg

2018-08-02 20.50.34.jpg

2018-08-03 19.54.37.jpg

2018-08-04 10.13.46-2.jpg

2018-08-05 13.46.39.jpg