golden

Funny Fish 2018

618 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, FishRatz said:

Ahh, what the heck.. from last Fall, not my best video, but fun! :-)

Nice video!

Very nice catch! I have been out a few times this week without any sightings....im about 10 miles east.......were you blind casting? 

Posted (edited)

Edited by bob_G
Ok, you're going to need to calm down. Just because you have an opinion, that doesn't give you license to browbeat and belittle other forum members. I seem to recall we've had this discussion before. :)

1 hour ago, Rmarsh said:

Very nice catch! I have been out a few times this week without any sightings....im about 10 miles east.......were you blind casting? 

I was actually casting at breaking bass.... then I felt the unmistakable palagic tail thumps and a few nice runs!

I knew right away ... also my first ones usually come around July 4th so for me it wasn’t a huge surprise.

Posted (edited)

On 7/14/2018 at 1:46 PM, Tailslap said:

*edited

It's a bonito. Not albie. Just saying

Edited by TimS

Posted (edited)

7 mins ago, Chris76 said:

It's a bonito. Not albie. Just saying

The thread is about funny fish which bonito is a part of that group. But you already knew that right. Just saying. I changed my post to funny fish instead of Albies for you. It’s like picking on someone for spelling errors because you have nothing to actually say. Give me a break.

Edited by Tailslap

36 mins ago, Tailslap said:

The thread is about funny fish which bonito is a part of that group. But you already knew that right. Just saying. I changed my post to funny fish instead of Albies for you. It’s like picking on someone for spelling errors because you have nothing to actually say. Give me a break.

:beatin:

For anyone who considers smacks part of the 'funny fish' family, i caught about a dozen small ones (like the pic below) this past week....But it comes with an * - I was in SW FL this week...lol

20180710_175631.jpg

4 hours ago, Tailslap said:

It is still funny to me when fish are called strippers ... that is the perpetual ten year old in me. Hope all is good with you Tailslap ... 

47 mins ago, smellfish said:

It is still funny to me when fish are called strippers ... that is the perpetual ten year old in me. Hope all is good with you Tailslap ... 

I,ll give you the stripper spell check. That’s still funny. Hope all is well. 

On 7/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, golden said:

That's a beauty - I think I know that spot, a bit south....

My shirt says Wellfleet, is it that obvious? :cool:

On 7/14/2018 at 5:10 PM, albacized said:

For anyone who considers smacks part of the 'funny fish' family, i caught about a dozen small ones (like the pic below) this past week....But it comes with an * - I was in SW FL this week...lol

20180710_175631.jpg

id love to get on some smacks some day. hope they come up this year