golden

Funny Fish 2018

345 posts in this topic

Maybe 15-16 years ago (?) on a Thursday afternoon before labor day weekend I was on the ferry to MV with the family.  I had not seen or heard of any albies yet that year.  As we came up on Oak Bluffs, an area the size of a football field was boiling and airing out.

By the time we got docked and i’d tried to run to a potential casting point, they’d disappeared.  Didn’t see a single sign of anything else for weeks.

3 hours ago, patchyfog said:

If sandwiches fail, maybe it's time to take a dump. Are you a deer hunter?  :D

No but I should be.   If I started taking out a few maybe my dog wouldn't have the breathe of a deer's asshat. 

Anyone been out over the past few days in the greater south shore or Buzzards Bay area?

With the weekend finally getting close, just trying to put a plan together.  Looks like mid-day Saturday and Sunday are doable and worth making the long haul down to the cape.  

I'm still new to this site, so forgive my ignorance here....but is there a way to send private messages?  I realize that it's doubtful anyone would post details here.  I'm happy to share whatever info I can without spot burning.  Living on the North Shore, I don't have the luxury to keep on tabs on the fish during the week...and just like tuna fishing it seems having a reliable network to share info with goes a long way in being successful on 'Ol Albert.

Roostahfish,

Welcome aboard!  

Figured I'd circumvent another member telling you to "Read the guidelines!" 

(You DO need to read them, BTW, and the sooner the better.)

According to the guidelines you need 15 posts and seven days here.  The number of days is determined by timestamp, and your privileges are system accorded.

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/11-buyselltrade-forums/

Please feel free to PM  me once you've reached the threshold and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.

double digits in the tin in the slop yesterday. Hopefully no one  saw me using an umbrella during the endless downpours every 15 minutes. 

71FA8A05-004A-48C7-8112-E16FB7B11296.jpeg

Thanks guys....yeah, I just joined and started chiming in on all the albie stuff without really reading anything about the parameters on being new to the site.

I'll look forward to being fully operational soon.  In the meantime, thanks in advance Steel Pulse for sending some info.  I'll be sure to do the same as soon as I'm able.

Despite some reports I'm getting from friends, I think I may fish the cape again since I have a house to stay in.  So nice to know a great group of addicts :) 

Posted (edited)

Love the 2% Funny Fishing Joe!

Edited by flylikabird

@flylikabirdIt's my trucker pee bottle. lol.  As a fellow 'yakker, I suspect you knew that.  ;)

@Steel PulseSure, I post one albie and you go and point out that you hit double digits the same day.  Next time I'll post that I hit :airquote: triple digits:airquote:   002 is still triple digits.  :-) 

1 hour ago, JoeTucker said:

@flylikabirdIt's my trucker pee bottle. lol.  As a fellow 'yakker, I suspect you knew that.  ;)

I'll piss in anything and then use it to keep something cold and clean.   It's a MASH mentality really!   I love people and will do anything to help them!    

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, JoeTucker said:

@Steel PulseSure, I post one albie and you go and point out that you hit double digits the same day.  Next time I'll post that I hit :airquote: triple digits:airquote:   002 is still triple digits.  :-) 

Haha. Sorry. Lucky.  Make you feel better  I went  previous weekend both days 14 hours got 1 fish so it ain’t like that every time. Like in any fishing if you can go a lot you’ll have those days good and not so good, never a bad day,  when you are fishing and weekdays make a difference. 

Edited by Steel Pulse