golden

Funny Fish 2018

618 posts in this topic

55 mins ago, Roostahfish said:

To have a day like that....good for you!!

But bored, really?!?  

If you're over it, I'd be happy to go pick up where you left off.  Just shoot me a message with details on where you were fishing :)

Congrats on a great outing!

He’ll be singing a different tune when he goes out and can’t buy a hit. Fickle fish, albies. 

When you consider fish that are very easy to catch, and fish that are considered 'a fish of a thousand casts', albies are the missing link between the two, given that they can be ridiculously easy to catch or ridiculously tough on a day to day basis.

29 mins ago, albacized said:

When you consider fish that are very easy to catch, and fish that are considered 'a fish of a thousand casts', albies are the missing link between the two, given that they can be ridiculously easy to catch or ridiculously tough on a day to day basis.

agree.  i’d call them “fairly finiky” but seem to be something you can figure out.  in my 20 +/- years of at least 2-3 “good albie days” a year (from shore) i can’t think of a time i wasn't casting a 14-28g jig.  if i was “hitting the pods” and not getting hits, i’d just keep changing colours til i did.  point being, for me, it seems like they’d hit “as much as always” eventually - it was just a matter of finding the right colour.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Seadogg said:

He’ll be singing a different tune when he goes out and can’t buy a hit. Fickle fish, albies. 

Plus he put the background in there, although that is no secret. It was not like that today. Crowded. Got some but refused to play bumper boats so I stayed away and enjoyed less fish but more enjoyable hunting. Can’t understand what enjoyment is had by being on top of each other with 20 to 30 guys casting on one pod of finicky fish but to each his own. At least it keeps them out of my hair. 

Edited by Steel Pulse

Just now, Steel Pulse said:

Plus he put the background in there. It was not like that today. Crowded. Got some but refused to play bumper boats so I stayed away and enjoyed less fish but more enjoyable hunting. Can’t understand what enjoyment is had by being on top of each other with 20 to 30 guys casting on one pod of finicky fish but to each his own. At least it keeps them out of my hair. 

I love those diversions though. While the report chasers flock to location “X” and circle jerk their way to glory, I’m off doing my own thing in peace. 

Haha. After you have caught these fish for a while you tend to enjoy the hunt more and the chance to get even one with not a soul around is so much more rewarding than 10 in a cluster ****. I understand the need to hook up and the do anything to get one mentality including ruining other people’s chances. I’ve been there but the quality over quantity mentality is what I prefer  now. Again, to each his own.  

2 hours ago, Steel Pulse said:

Haha. After you have caught these fish for a while you tend to enjoy the hunt more and the chance to get even one with not a soul around is so much more rewarding than 10 in a cluster ****. I understand the need to hook up and the do anything to get one mentality including ruining other people’s chances. I’ve been there but the quality over quantity mentality is what I prefer  now. Again, to each his own.  

P.M. Is your tin boat a tan color? Might I have seen you on the water this morning?

Posted (edited)

Steel pulse do you run a jon boat type boat with a bow mount trolling motor and a yami on the back. 

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker

1 hour ago, smellfish said:

P.M. Is your tin boat a tan color? Might I have seen you on the water this morning?

Hideous blah tan. Yes you probably did. Didn’t have the dog today I was solo

39 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Steel pulse do you run a jon boat type boat with a bow mount trolling motor and a yami on the back. 

No sir. Crappy tan tin boat. 

Must have been you ... I saw you with the dog a couple of weeks ago I think.  BLack dog?

Posted (edited)

3 mins ago, smellfish said:

Must have been you ... I saw you with the dog a couple of weeks ago I think.  BLack dog?

Yes Lab. are you shore fishin? I was probably trolling for kings. 

Edited by Steel Pulse

Shore ... saw you trolling with dog somewhat close to shore a week or so ago and today you were zipping around 

9 hours ago, Seadogg said:

Been there lol. Ive launched once from bass river and went around MV burned 90 gallons of gas chased small pods all day and only had two hook ups and 0 fish landed :banghd: