Report of the july 7th 2018 at the canal

Rate this topic

Vsy

3 hours ago, patchyfog said:

I never liked trebles. Doubles are OK, so I usually cut trebles to doubles with a Dremel.

One treble is dangerous and damaging enough. Two is downright scary. Rear trebles almost always replaced with dressed siwash hooks. Unless you are a sharpie of course ... :beatin:

Edited by GuiltyAsCharged

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

That is a fact. One of the few in this thread. :p

More facts:

220px-Moon_phase_0.svg.png

A graphic depicting the new moon phase

In astronomy, the new moon is the first lunar phase, when the Moon and Sun have the same ecliptic longitude.[1] At this phase, the lunar disk is not visible to the unaided eye, except when silhouetted during a solar eclipse. Daylight outshines the earthlight that dimly illuminates the dark side of the new Moon. The actual phase is usually a very thin crescent because the Moon rarely passes directly in front of the Sun, except in a solar eclipse.[note 1]

The original meaning of the term new moon, which is still sometimes used in non-astronomical contexts, was the first visible crescent of the Moon, after conjunction with the Sun.[2] This crescent Moon is briefly visible when low above the western horizon shortly after sunset and before moonset.

14 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

One treble is dangerous and damaging enough. Two is downright scary. Rear trebles almost always replaced with dressed siwash hooks. Unless you are a sharpie of course ... :beatin:

For whatever *advantage* multiple trebles might produce..if that's even demonstrably true; myself I've never seen any numbers on that..I still don't like em. I have no plugs/lures in the Active boxes with more than one double; some only single(s). Whatever % of fish I lose doesn't bother me. PS, I don't lose many fish; some people simply need to learn how to fight a fish properly and not lose many, no matter what kind of hook or barb.

Or maybe you should look at that as a self-imposed personal challenge?

18 mins ago, patchyfog said:

For whatever *advantage* multiple trebles might produce..if that's even demonstrably true; myself I've never seen any numbers on that..I still don't like em. I have no plugs/lures in the Active boxes with more than one double; some only single(s). Whatever % of fish I lose doesn't bother me. PS, I don't lose many fish; some people simply need to learn how to fight a fish properly and not lose many, no matter what kind of hook or barb.

Or maybe you should look at that as a self-imposed personal challenge?

Yep. Trebles are overused.

14 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

i have forgotten what pips and murders looks like. cant get within 100yds of them. it takes skill to catch them anywhere else besides pips and murders.:rav:

Yep. Hard to get the big lawn chairs more than a few hundred feet from the campground. :howdy:

Edited by GuiltyAsCharged