hookmeup

Best performance for heavy weight fluking

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, MakoMike said:

Most likely July or August. Departure point would be most likely somewhere either on or close to cape cod.

Boat have bunks? 2 dayLimited load with a night in Nantucket? Nice way to do it IMHO.

4 mins ago, b4loran said:

Boat have bunks? 2 dayLimited load with a night in Nantucket? Nice way to do it IMHO.

Don't know about bunks, my friend just bought the boat, so I don't know much about it. His homeport is New Bedford so it'll be a ride. Definitely a very limited load trip, somewhere between 12 to 15 anglers on a 60 foot boat.

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, b4loran said:

No bunks this year but he’s planning on having them installed in 2020, requires CG approval/inspections.  He will be doing some marathon trips this year.  The boat is going to be run out of Fairhaven.  Should be awesome once he gets rolling.

Edited by PeterO

On 1/22/2019 at 8:44 PM, PeterO said:

No bunks this year but he’s planning on having them installed in 2020, requires CG approval/inspections.  He will be doing some marathon trips this year.  The boat is going to be run out of Fairhaven.  Should be awesome once he gets rolling.

Is that the Bounty Hunter new boat? Limited trip of 12 with bunks sounds like a great cost effective way to fish like a charter but spend PB price with no hotel. 

24 mins ago, FisherMan120 said:

Is that the Bounty Hunter new boat? Limited trip of 12 with bunks sounds like a great cost effective way to fish like a charter but spend PB price with no hotel. 

Yep, That's Eric's new boat. 

3 hours ago, FisherMan120 said:

Prices not set yet, but fishing with Eric is ALWAYS a great time.  Loooking forward to his new venture.  Stay tuned.

O.K.I just got off the phone with Eric. He's not going to book any Nantucket fluke trips on the new boat for a while. He needs to get to know the boat and what it'll do and won't do. He may schedule a couple of "exploratory" trips with a very limited load. It'll be a long day since the ride to and from the grounds will take almost a half day. As mentioned earlier, the boat doesn't have any bunks, that situation that may change for the 2020 season, but for 2019 there won't be any. If and when he schedules something he said he would contact me and I'll see what I can put together. Bottom line is don't plan on anything but something does come up it will probably be a short notice trip.