JITO

Tsunami SaltX reel

Rate this topic

335 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Otony said:

Both sizes were announced at Icast......2018.

I get that Tsunami wanted to be certain that the 6000 was as close to their vision of perfect as they could achieve before actually releasing it, but why they didn’t get the 4000 ready to go on the same schedule is a puzzle.

Edited to add that I am really, really interested in a 4000.....naturally.

Oh believe me, if the 6000 works as awesome as I hope, the 4k is in the works my my Suzuki 9'6.

Line lay is pretty good, I've seen way worse. Could also be the spooling job that was done pretty unevenly (not by myself like I normally do) This is with 30lb J braid 8.

20190815_195500.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Has anyone had any problems recent with their Salt X? I’m interesting in getting a 6000, but am unsure if I should just save up and get a VS150 instead. 

Edited by Said_g15

2 hours ago, Said_g15 said:

Has anyone had any problems recent with their Salt X? I’m interesting in getting a 6000, but am unsure if I should just save up and get a VS150 instead. 

It depends on what you want to do with it and in what conditions. My Salt x has held up so far but I definitely don't have nearly the same level of confidence in it as I do a VS reel. The salt x did its job when I needed a replacement for a VS that was in for service but I definitely treated it differently than a VS. No reeling underwater, no swimming and I definitely babied it more. I'll personally be sticking to Staals in the future.

8 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

It depends on what you want to do with it and in what conditions. My Salt x has held up so far but I definitely don't have nearly the same level of confidence in it as I do a VS reel. The salt x did its job when I needed a replacement for a VS that was in for service but I definitely treated it differently than a VS. No reeling underwater, no swimming and I definitely babied it more. I'll personally be sticking to Staals in the future.

Gotcha, I definitely would not reel it under water or even dunk it, I only need something that can withstand a few splashes from the surf and jetties

5 hours ago, Said_g15 said:

Gotcha, I definitely would not reel it under water or even dunk it, I only need something that can withstand a few splashes from the surf and jetties

I think in that case the SaltX would be a good choice. I want to put more time on mine before I make a final judgment but mine stayed smooth and solid under normal conditions and I'm sure it will take the occasional splash or an accidental dunking without issue.

From my understanding of what i've seen/read/watched 6000 is great, but the 4500 isn't built the same and required some more time to pass judgement. @scoobydoo is what I said accurate?

1 hour ago, Sheisty said:

From my understanding of what i've seen/read/watched 6000 is great, but the 4500 isn't built the same and required some more time to pass judgement. @scoobydoo is what I said accurate?

From what I saw it looked like there were likely some QC issues with the first batch of 4000's released to the market.

I told my self if I have a good year like I did two years ago I would pick one up.

I don't want to spend $$$ if I'm not catching. I picked up a slammer 4500 last year for nearly half off, but I feel like I haven't broken it in yet.

16 hours ago, Sheisty said:

I told my self if I have a good year like I did two years ago I would pick one up.

I don't want to spend $$$ if I'm not catching. I picked up a slammer 4500 last year for nearly half off, but I feel like I haven't broken it in yet.

l would wait and sit this reel out for a while, you have a reel and it seems to be working out, SaltX looks to be well made, l was at a tackle shop last week and they had SaltX 600 and the 400 and the VR50 the SaltX were tight spinning reels the 600 felt smoother than the 400 but the best of the 3 was VR50, it's lighter than the Salt 400, if l was in the market for a small reel l would be leaning to the VR, l buy reels for the long hall, save you money in the long run if l didn't have a VS100 the VR50 would be mounted to one of my 8ft rods.

59 mins ago, Stuarticus said:

I definitely haven't babied the reel. I've reeled it under water a few times and so far so good. It's only $375 lol

That what has to be posted more often fishermen using these reels with the good and bad not hearsay. :th:

4 hours ago, LB said:

l would wait and sit this reel out for a while, you have a reel and it seems to be working out, SaltX looks to be well made, l was at a tackle shop last week and they had SaltX 600 and the 400 and the VR50 the SaltX were tight spinning reels the 600 felt smoother than the 400 but the best of the 3 was VR50, it's lighter than the Salt 400, if l was in the market for a small reel l would be leaning to the VR, l buy reels for the long hall, save you money in the long run if l didn't have a VS100 the VR50 would be mounted to one of my 8ft rods.

Do you see my avatar picture. The reel in picture is coffee grinder Spinfisher, drilled & slotted, and pack with yammalube. I have several in different sizes.

SaltX is interesting to me. If the 4500's get past the the QC issues I see no good reason to avoid it over something esle. Seems like a great reel to use while wading in waist deep water.

23 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Do you see my avatar picture. The reel in picture is coffee grinder Spinfisher, drilled & slotted, and pack with yammalube. I have several in different sizes.

SaltX is interesting to me. If the 4500's get past the the QC issues I see no good reason to avoid it over something esle. Seems like a great reel to use while wading in waist deep water.

l did all those mods on the Spinfisher line of reels plus others makes look into my profile then albums at the bottom 99 pictures of things l did enjoy.