JITO

Tsunami SaltX reel

Rate this topic

280 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, JohnYacht said:

02F2F584-1B54-4821-9BD1-DBAE4D044453.jpeg

Do you have the specs on the 6000? What’s the warranty? Can they be sent in to be serviced?

On 5/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, Reed422 said:

Do you have the specs on the 6000? What’s the warranty? Can they be sent in to be serviced?

No response to questions I've asked on FB or here. Awesome. 

4 mins ago, Reed422 said:

No response to questions I've asked on FB or here. Awesome. 

They are not a manufacture.  They are a distributor that made a reel.  There is really no one to get in touch with for consumers.  Take it to were you bought it, they know the Folsom rep and he can answer your questions.

How do you guys think this would handle inlet fishing? With the rated 50lb drag that sure sounds like a reel that can stop a fish in heavy current like that, but I'm curious to hear what other more experienced anglers would have to say about that.

2 hours ago, Always_NoFo said:

How do you guys think this would handle inlet fishing? With the rated 50lb drag that sure sounds like a reel that can stop a fish in heavy current like that, but I'm curious to hear what other more experienced anglers would have to say about that.

A vsx has about 10-15 lbs at the smallest size and can stop fish no problem. You shouldn't really ever have an issue with drag even on old reels. The issue will be can you ever fish a reel if it doesn't come out :). Tsunami is following the vr 50 plan of delays delays delays.

1 hour ago, xjclint said:

A vsx has about 10-15 lbs at the smallest size and can stop fish no problem. You shouldn't really ever have an issue with drag even on old reels. The issue will be can you ever fish a reel if it doesn't come out :). Tsunami is following the vr 50 plan of delays delays delays.

Right on. I was hoping to have checked one out already. I suppose I'd rather they take their time and execute though. I heard June is when we'd be seeing them. Let's see 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was interested in this reel. I saw a prototype last fall and was told it would be available January of 2019...5 months later and it’s still not available 

Edited by Justinj

16 hours ago, Justinj said:

I was interested in this reel. I saw a prototype last fall and was told it would be available January of 2019...5 months later and it’s still not available 

I was looking at this earlier on Td their site says end of June I was hoping to have one by now myself 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 0:43 AM, Justinj said:

I talked to a Tsunami rep. last fall and he told me the same thing, I doubted it would be out in jan. he said that he and the other reps. didn't even see one at that point. Avet did the same thing a couple years ago with their G2 's