JITO

Tsunami SaltX reel

Rate this topic

256 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, scoobydoo said:

Ummm...not for nothing...But the reviews have been better than many other modern 99$ that sees a rough life in the salt.

The occasional defect here and there.    And the people that think a 99$ reel should be a stella...or the people who think a 99$ reel should be hold up like a vs is all I've really seen.

And there are literally tons in use.  WIth that kind of volume is going to come some bad chinesium apples.

I say this not trying to exaggerate.  But in terms of any single person...I probably receive more feedback on reels than anyone else.   And I've heard more bad about the BG than the Shield.

Plus the customer service is fantastic.  They don't say things like "yes, there is a confirmed hitch in the retrieve at the top and bottom of the oscillation that we are aware of", and then pretty much say good luck with that on your $250 reel.  TD has a 20% off coupon and that reel can be pre-ordered for pretty damn cheap right now: $279 for the 4k

How do the two sizes compare to current products on the market?  I can’t seem to find any detailed specs (weight, etc). 

For example

Sltx4000= shimano stradic 5000 etc

13 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Maybe of topic, but is the penn slammer coming out with a bailess version?

From my understanding no, no bailess version, or bailess kit, but it can be easily converted to manual bail.

19 hours ago, ljschroe said:

Plus the customer service is fantastic.  They don't say things like "yes, there is a confirmed hitch in the retrieve at the top and bottom of the oscillation that we are aware of", and then pretty much say good luck with that on your $250 reel.  TD has a 20% off coupon and that reel can be pre-ordered for pretty damn cheap right now: $279 for the 4k

What coupon?  I dont see it....

I was going to buy a VS150 for $400 used.  Now that this Tsunami reel is coming out which offers as fully sealed, gonna have to think about this one.

Anyone know how the warranty and servicing of this reel is?

I would love to see a tear down of this reel and compare it to the others like VS.

34 mins ago, Sheisty said:

From my understanding no, no bailess version, or bailess kit, but it can be easily converted to manual bail.

I wonder what the reason behind that is? It's branded as a surf real as well. The Penn SSV and the torque come Bailess ....why the heck would they not make a bailess Slammer

48 mins ago, Evil-Bay said:

What coupon?  I dont see it....

It was a special but one day only...I got a code in my email.  expired now and I didn't pull the trigger...

:( ?  

42 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

I wonder what the reason behind that is? It's branded as a surf real as well. The Penn SSV and the torque come Bailess ....why the heck would they not make a bailess Slammer

You might try asking in the Penn forum, Tony (from Penn) seems to answer most reasonable questions. But it's a common complaint with several models of Penn reels.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Always_NoFo said:

Looks great. Will there be a bailless kit available?

Bailless kit will be a great addition.  It sill will not help us lefties out unless they can reverse the rotation of the rotor to lay line counter-clockwise....  I guess the lefties will have to use the bail models. 

16 mins ago, striperswiper06437 said:

Bailless kit will be a great addition.  It sill will not help us lefties out unless they can reverse the rotation of the rotor to lay line counter-clockwise....  I guess the lefties will have to use the bail models. 

Just use the back of your pointer finger to set the line on the roller