Tsunami SaltX reel

Rate this topic

JITO

16 hours ago, 8wt. Life said:

With all the bad reviews of the shield, $300-$400 seems a little steep. Hopefully it'll be good. I love their airwave elite rods tho.

I've heard way more good than bad regarding the shield, and my own experience is also very positive. Sub-$400 on a completely sealed reel is definitely not steep in my opinion. This is looking very promising

(*member formerly known as 'Always_NoFo')

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 8:30 PM, 8wt. Life said:

With all the bad reviews of the shield, $300-$400 seems a little steep. Hopefully it'll be good. I love their airwave elite rods tho.

The Shield is a $99 reel I mean did you expect it to be flawless. I have a Shield as a backup and it’s been good to be although minimal use. If this new SaltX indeed checks out with all the listed specs than $300-$400 is really not much in comparison to current market reels. 

On 11/6/2018 at 11:55 PM, jsbergen said:

The Shield is a $99 reel I mean did you expect it to be flawless. I have a Shield as a backup and it’s been good to be although minimal use. If this new SaltX indeed checks out with all the listed specs than $300-$400 is really not much in comparison to current market reels. 

The price isn't my concern. I fully agree with you. The experience as a top end reel manufacturer was my concern.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 8:58 AM, JohnYacht said:

We are still working on the weight of the 4000 so hang in there. I’ll post the weight once finalized. 

Hey John. Now that the 4000 prototypes are out and some retailers have them in hand, can you please give us the weight of the 4000?  I just saw J and H posted the prototype on IG but they didn't give a weight.  

Thanks

Edited by ThirstyOwl III

(*member formerly known as 'ER31400')

14 hours ago, Otony said:

There is a fellow named Joe Olivas who is fishing a Salt X 6000 in Kauai, Hawaii. He has three videos up on YouTube, the last one shows the reel at 28 total hours fishing time so far.

Weepin' wit Jo. Aloha. 

Edited by ThirstyOwl III

(*member formerly known as 'ER31400')

On 10/24/2018 at 8:30 PM, 8wt. Life said:

Ummm...not for nothing...But the reviews have been better than many other modern 99$ that sees a rough life in the salt.

The occasional defect here and there.    And the people that think a 99$ reel should be a stella...or the people who think a 99$ reel should be hold up like a vs is all I've really seen.

And there are literally tons in use.  WIth that kind of volume is going to come some bad chinesium apples.

I say this not trying to exaggerate.  But in terms of any single person...I probably receive more feedback on reels than anyone else.   And I've heard more bad about the BG than the Shield.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims