SkunkLuvver

Quonnie B&T

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I can't tell you how many times I got bad service at McDonalds, D n D, Wendy's, and ton's of other places.  I still go back and don't think twice about that experience.     It's sad that one bad experience will make a snowflake out of people to not want to go back.   Be human and understand that there are worse things in life to complain about.    One bad experience doesn't deserve a bashing and a vent online.       It's time for Americans to toughen up and respect the hard working shops that support our needs.    

I was there last week.  No service issues.  But inventory is still lacking.  I also went to Watch Hill Outfitters and inventory is lights out compared to Quonnie.  I'm hoping this is a bit of a transition year for the Quonnie as I want them to do well and will continue to shop there.  I bought a few items, but it was a bit of a struggle. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/1/2018 at 8:36 PM, whitey said:

Then there is Our Category . Blue Collar . That shop has been Blue Collar for EVER . The guy probably had a bad Day . Opening a Shop people only getting licenses not thats a bad thing . He is probably second guessing his dissition to open a Store . 

Don't count the store out Yet . If Capt Don ,Or John Or Tim are looking Down thats a Great Cloud watching over . 

Give the guy another chance . 

Hell most people that have ever met me say " Who is this Clown" . 

My own 2 cents .

YT .  

my first job was at cpt dons, working with his wife Bonnie, silent george and i repaired rods, i did a little guiding  . that was in the early 90's. he was still doing trips to Alaska on the boat. oh the high school days. also worked at quakerlane for a few years for mike bestwick, he is a stand up guy

Edited by Vaporizor

I just want one of these shops in SC to sell shiners. Robin sold me chubbs last year (maybe the year befere). I had never used them. She advised they are "tougher" than shiners. Got em home and half were already dead. I've got to drive a half hour the other way to see steve at QL. Beach traffic...sucks. Haven't been back since new owners took over. Anyone know if they sell shiners? Off topic I know...

14 hours ago, Spotburnhater said:

I can't tell you how many times I got bad service at McDonalds, D n D, Wendy's, and ton's of other places.  I still go back and don't think twice about that experience.     It's sad that one bad experience will make a snowflake out of people to not want to go back.   Be human and understand that there are worse things in life to complain about.    One bad experience doesn't deserve a bashing and a vent online.       It's time for Americans to toughen up and respect the hard working shops that support our needs.    

wtf would you go back to a place with bad service?  that's just weird...in any country

5 hours ago, quack said:

wtf would you go back to a place with bad service?  that's just weird...in any country

Yes I would!!!!   One bad experience = one bad day at work for the owner.   You work and have bad days right?

The next day all, is back to normal.   That simple....

On 6/29/2018 at 10:08 PM, SkunkLuvver said:

Anyone have any interesting experiences there since Robin moved on?

I popped in this week to pick up a shellfish license I’d forgotten to get on line and a couple fluke jigs and couldn’t believe the way the guy treated me. Not sure if I did something to rub him the wrong way but he was full on pi$$ed about doing the license to the point of actually yelling at me.

My GF was standing there stunned by it so needless to say once the permit was printed I put the jigs back and left.

I used to love going in to chat with Robin and pick up a couple things and wanted to support the new owner but couldn’t bring myself to give him the business after that.

I don’t want to bash a business without having all the info but I got the impression it was the last thing in the world this guy wanted to be doing.

Anyone (hopefully) have a better experience since Robin left?

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to stop by and say hi to Robin in early Sept.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:07 AM, Nomad92 said:

I just want one of these shops in SC to sell shiners. Robin sold me chubbs last year (maybe the year befere). I had never used them. She advised they are "tougher" than shiners. Got em home and half were already dead. I've got to drive a half hour the other way to see steve at QL. Beach traffic...sucks. Haven't been back since new owners took over. Anyone know if they sell shiners? Off topic I know...

That is strange, mummies typically are much stronger than shiners, I use them ice fishing sometimes and have had them live a week without a bubbler.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, Spotburnhater said:

Yes I would!!!!   One bad experience = one bad day at work for the owner.   You work and have bad days right?

The next day all, is back to normal.   That simple....

As responsible shop owner who needs his customers to survive ... everyday is your Super Bowl. Take your “ bad day issues” out on someone who isn’t paying your bills. To me ... you see someone’s true colors during moments of adversity.

I’m gonna be in the area this week so going to pop in and pick up a couple things. Give it another shot.

Ive been working retail for the same company for going on 22 years now and ive had my share of bad days but you gotta keep that stuff to yourself. People like to talk about really bad service they’ve gotten but if you knock it out of the park they’ll talk about that too. One customer interaction could mean the difference between losing 5 customers or gaining 5 depending on what they tell their friends after they leave. It’s even more important in industries that compete with the Amazons and Walmart’s. 

If you consistently treat people like family they’ll keep coming back even if they can find the same stuff cheaper elsewhere. B&T’s need to be the place people go to get the things they need rather than that one thing they forgot. It’s a brutal biz but that’s retail.

That said, as fishermen we do need to take care of the mom and pop shops.. without them there’d be nowhere to pick up last minute ****