Been searching for my next kayak and think I found it

I use a solo alot in conjunction with a kayak. It is a great platform. My main fishing buddy has been going through chemo and I tow him to and from our spots.  Looking to get a trailer for it now as it is a bit harder to put in the truck than last year.... depends on my mood, who I fish with and the wind if I take the solo or yak.

i use a cheap electric troller quite a bit and it moves well and is great for working the marsh banks.  2 20ah gel cells because I had them. I don’t use electric and gas together.

paddles like a paddle board in a straight line very easily. It is a barge to maneuver with the paddle. Pools great.  The Bote is much better finished, at twice the price.  Much easier for me to stand and paddle it vs sitting, not sure why. I’m older, 5-10 and 210

This is my second year with a Solo. I like it a lot. I can hit a lot more spots in less time than in my Hobie and travel farther as well.

Whether you'll like it or not I think depends on what you plan to use it for. For example, I won't use it for togging because I think the Hobie is far more efficient.

The main issue is transporting it. It's heavy. I have a pickup and use a bed extender to make loading and unloading easier. A lot of people that I've seen online use trailers, which is fine if you have access to a lot of boat ramps. The one I bought had boonedox landing gear installed, which was key for me because most places I launch don't have ramps.

Definitely demo it if you can. There's also a group on the big social network that has a ton of helpful info.

Solo skiffs are cool. I live in Texas most of the year and have really wanted one for the gulf coast flats. Would be a little worried in bigger water with one though. I also considered building this *

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post commercial links here, we don’t allow it - thanks

On 6/28/2018 at 4:30 PM, Bluetaildragger said:

Beer barrel in Brigantine NJ has a 2015 solo skiff, $1700 w/o motor, $1900 with 3HP gamefisher.... only telling you about it because I don't have the space for it or it'd be mine!

That is a fiberglass one. They dont build them anymore all plastic now.

BARRELL