Mikeinri

Been searching for my next kayak and think I found it

29 posts in this topic

Sold my hobie and have been searching for something a little different.  I came across this solo skiff online and think I have to have it.   There’s a place in CT that sells them and I hope to buy one.   Only bad thing is that you have to buy an outboard too for about $1400.. has anyone ever used one of these?  Are they any good?   Look awesome 

561199A6-CC0E-411A-8BDF-6D46CFE6A383.png

Looks cool I don't know much about the motors but I have seen those minn kotas used on kayaks and they are no more than $500 even if it is a salt water one, I'd check into cheaper options than a 1500 one for that small of a boat.

I actually have one of those salt water minn kits motors on my Jon boat as well as a 4hp Suzuki.. I know it calls for the Tohatsu as it fits the best and allows better turning.  But to start I would likely try to use the Suzuki.   The electric would be fine in Harbour of refuge but would need a more reliable gas motor to go out front.  Mine is a 1997 and though it runs great i would buy the new Tohatsu out of fear of being stuck and trying to paddle against current etc.   

46 mins ago, CC Rider said:

Just an FYI, The Kayak Centre in wickford sells them and has one on display.  It’s a great shop with great customer service IMHO.  

Had no idea they had that.  That is a great shop and where I had bought my previous kayak.   Thanks for the info! 

35 mins ago, kinghong1970 said:

here's another option...

Image result for bote rover

Well that’s pretty cool too.. and also just watched a video of the stik boat which is also awesome.  I’m torn.   Leaving for vacation tomorrow so I’ll research and watch videos and read these comments for a week before I pull the trigger on something.  

4 mins ago, hookmeup said:

Yep stik boat. Was just going to post. 

That one really looks like the best one to me.  Like the joystick steering. And looks fast!