Father of Surfcaster Needs Words of Encouragement

Rate this topic

HardyG

Gentlemen:

My father was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. As a family, we are not afraid, and will fight the little miscreant. I am asking that you give him a few words of encouragement, as he will be asked to view the thread in a few days. (His name is Bob.) Good treatment, proper diet, and support from family and friends are the key to winning. We do not play to lose.

[This message has been edited by richg (edited 10-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by richg (edited 10-31-2000).]

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

Rich,

My best wishes are with your father and your family. My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer about two years ago. Luckily, the doctors caught it in the initial stages and they were able to successfully treat it. When we first heard the news, it was like an incredibly sharp punch to the gutt. My father treated his prostate cancer aggressively, opting to remove the prostate and get on with recovery. He knew that we were counting on him to be with us for a long, long time and took the course of action that he thought would best insure that even though there was a decent possibility of encountering some uncomfortable side effects with prostate removal. I am grateful to him for his decision. Strength to your family and good luck to Bob. Regards, Mark

Bob,

Your son and I have become quite good friends in the past few years, (not to mention terrors to striped bass), in fact, he is one of my best friends. Need I remind you that my father worked with you back in the mid 80's. Funny how these small world things work.

You will be in my prayers as well as my family's prayers on a daily basis. You are in good hands here. You have a strong family, who will always be there with you as you face this challange. I, for one, will be continually checking on your progress and continually praying. I wish you the best. I will continually pull for you.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey Miller

------------------

-------------------------

Team L&H

GMiller@StripersOnline.com

Rich,

May you, your family and especially your Dad be strengthened and encouraged by the prayers and well wishes of your SOL comrads.

I am praying that the Great and Gentle Healer touch your Dad's body with healing according to His will.

Hugh

'Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.' Mark Twain

Bob,

It may seem tough, and a little out of place, but along with prayers and wise lifestyle changes, don't forget to keep your sense of humor!

Medical studies have shown, that laughter and feelings of joy release hormones that actually strengthen your body's immune system, which is the most vital part of any recovery. So, although your ailment can be dangerous, feel confident that you will beat it! It can become a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Of course, to have this confidence, you need to follow all of the recommendations that you are given by your doctor.

Keep your chin up, Bob! We are all rooting for you!

TH

PS - I know two people who have beaten the same illness with no lasting side effects, besides a renewed vigor for life! I'm sure it will be three, now!

[This message has been edited by thill (edited 10-31-2000).]

Bob, you have quite a son there, he has many faces...all of them good. Carole and I will ask the Lord Jesus to help heal you and pray that He be there always for you and your family.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Bob,

There's this little guy from Texas named Lance Armstrong who proved that you can not only beat cancer, but went on to win the most grueling stage endurance race in the world.......twice! Decide that you are going to win and it is going to loose and you will win!

------------------

rob "ex-local"

To the father of Richg,

Sir, not to worry. This is a very common ailment of more mature males that can be remedied. My father was diagnosed with it several years ago. He is 78 now, and his count came back 0. Granted, his diet changed a bit and some medical treatments were administered. The diet is no sweat. And being that the medical treatments are done to so many men, the doctors are finding them more simple to perform. My father said there was minimal discomfort.

In either case. My family will keep you in our prayers.

I like the fact that you refer to it as "the little miscreant". I have always thought that visualizing something of this sort would make it that much easier to defeat.

Rabbit punches and eye gouging as well as a vicious punch in the throat are in order.

It's a street fight, kick ass and God bless.

this has to be the most disrespectful and disgusting thread I've ever seen posted

Bob having undergone a radical prosectimy for prostate cancer I can personally attest to your situation. I have been cancer free for 4 years now and it was through prayers that I was able to recover and enjoy the thing I love to do which is fishing. Prayers along with a positive mind set will go a long way in the recovery process. The strengh you will get from your family and friends will enable you to get through a challenge in your life. Undoubtably you will under go some radical changes in your life,but with a loving family at your side every thing will work out for the best. If you have any personal questions that I can help you on please feel free to contact me and remember life is what you make off it and we will keep you in our prayers as you undergo a stressful time in your life. Angler

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal