55 posts in this topic

Nice bass Ebbtide! Is that Abu a C5 Mag X reel? 

try the Teckel Sprinker.  Effortless and gets the big ones out of the pads.  They are pretty much available online now when they first came out they were hard to find.  They have a replaceable tail that creates a wake and makes a ton of noise.  The LMB's love it.

If I am going lighter with a 5/0 hook I am using a Stanley floating.  They suck if there is wind but they are money.  Not the strongest frog on the market but I think that's what makes them swim so well. 

My 2 cents.

I don't have a favorite. Went 0-8 this weekend on blowups 

On 7/27/2018 at 4:36 PM, tidewaterfly said:

Nice bass Ebbtide! Is that Abu a C5 Mag X reel? 

Yes sir, have it in 3 sizes :D

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.22.55 PM.png

On 7/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, Reel1in said:

try the Teckel Sprinker.  Effortless and gets the big ones out of the pads.  They are pretty much available online now when they first came out they were hard to find.  They have a replaceable tail that creates a wake and makes a ton of noise.  The LMB's love it.

If I am going lighter with a 5/0 hook I am using a Stanley floating.  They suck if there is wind but they are money.  Not the strongest frog on the market but I think that's what makes them swim so well. 

My 2 cents.

The new teckel that just came out is another one quickly finding a place in my always with me frog arsenal that has really gotten quite small over the years.

It has a hollow plastic "colorado" lookin blade that really isn't and it has a rattle in the "blade"  

It gives the frog that frantic pulsating on a steady retrieve that mice and small frogs have when on the surface.......and that tail flapper makes a good commotion.   I love the og sprinker.....this thing is another great "thing"

Posted (edited)

On 8/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, Ebbtide231 said:

Yes sir, have it in 3 sizes :D

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.22.55 PM.png

:theman:

I thought so! I have a couple as well, in addition to several other older Ambassadeurs! Great reels! :)

Edited by tidewaterfly

One of the big stores, Cabelas?, had them on sale years ago.

I bought the 6600 and when I got it in hand, I saw how great it was. So I rushed back to the computer and grabbed the other two. Great reels.

Cool! I don't believe I have a 4600 in the Mag X, but have a couple of the 5600 & 6600's. I've got a couple Revo's too, which I like, but really rather fish with the Mag X reels! :)

100_4383.JPG

On 8/5/2018 at 11:08 AM, scoobydoo said:

The new teckel that just came out is another one quickly finding a place in my always with me frog arsenal that has really gotten quite small over the years.

It has a hollow plastic "colorado" lookin blade that really isn't and it has a rattle in the "blade"  

It gives the frog that frantic pulsating on a steady retrieve that mice and small frogs have when on the surface.......and that tail flapper makes a good commotion.   I love the og sprinker.....this thing is another great "thing"

Yup thats one with the spinner I think.  The flash should attract some bites as well.  Gota pick some up.

On 8/10/2018 at 0:31 AM, Reel1in said:

Yup thats one with the spinner I think.  The flash should attract some bites as well.  Gota pick some up.

The maracker frog.   Not a gimmick, huh?  I love surface stuff.  Hate $$ lures though.  

Stanley Top Toad. It’s a soft rubber hollow body frog with swimming legs. It casts like a bomb, floats like a cork, super weedless even in the slimy stuff, and even though it’s soft plastic, it is very durable. You also get a replacement bait in the package. Very good hookup ratio and they’re cheap! 

Posted (edited)

On 7/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, Reel1in said:

My 2 cents.

So far nothing on white sprinker.  Have cast it a LOT.

Edited by blackdogfish

4 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Stanley Top Toad. It’s a soft rubber hollow body frog with swimming legs. It casts like a bomb, floats like a cork, super weedless even in the slimy stuff, and even though it’s soft plastic, it is very durable. You also get a replacement bait in the package. Very good hookup ratio and they’re cheap! 

Cool. Thanks.