Starting to use frogs more.

Any you really like and find durable? What about the raw unrigged baits like Rage Tails that you Texas rig?  Not feeling much love for them personally.

Scum Frogs? Booyah? Spro? Live Target?

Edited by EricJ

The Great Big Jig in the Sky...Shine on you crazy diamond jig.

rsz_2aa17withhook.jpg

By far my favorite method of bassin

Favorite is still the Manns Super Rattlin Rat but that hasn't been made in years and years (down to my last one)

Out of the ones you can get now the Scum Frog BigFoot is my favorite

One trick - run a small duolock through the frogs body and the center of the legs, keeps em from getting pulled out.

I've got a few frog bodies with no legs

Fish it conventional with 40# braid tied direct to a medium size breakaway paper clip style snap. On the rare times I fish in the daylight I'll use a length of 40# floro as a leader

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

very much agree w/ the scum frog when that slime is on top of the water ,or just heavy cover  very soft not a lot of distance is required when tossing frogs 40 - 65 lb braid again agree .

Now if your fishing the OUTSIDE edge the Stanley Ribbit frog I like alot its legs produces a lot of wake , bubbles & sound . 

Most importantly keeping your hooks sharp, I don't keep frogs locked in a box after use . just keep the cover open & let it air dry w/ prevent rust .

learning the identification of aquatic plant growth is very important WHY because larger bass use this to prevent sunlite to their eyes ( shade ) & of course smaller prey , don't ignore very close to the shore line as frogs also travel the waters banks 4-6 " from the shoreline , don't be afraid to increase your cadis mix it up , you want that Bass only to see it for a second they are already looking up for a really good meal       

If it has fins i want to catch it 

yeah that is good... those guys seem to do a good job. Thanks.

Interesting that most of the soft hollow frogs are so expensive!  Seem very overpriced. 11 bucks for a 3" hollow piece of rubbery plastic.....

The Great Big Jig in the Sky...Shine on you crazy diamond jig.

rsz_2aa17withhook.jpg

For cheaper frogs i use the BooYa Pad Crashers. For my higher end frogs,  i like River2Sea Bully Waa 2. 

At the end of last year i starting trying the Stanford Baits Boom Boom frogs. Pretty ingenious design with a small peice of velcro like material on the back behind the head, that catches on the tiny teeth of the bass's mouth, giving you better hook up ratios. It really seemed to improve the ratio, and gives you that little extra time to really set the hook.

I've done well at times on the Spro frogs, but have used some bought from Academy Sports, (H2O) and they've worked as well. I have used both the Stanley, Sizmic & other small companies pours and they all will catch fish. I like adding those solid frogs to a buzzbait frame or a single buzz blade ahead of them. I make my own buzzbaits with Owner hooks. 

No one likes to be behind the big truck, but it's better than being under it! 

Something about the live target  just does better where i throw it.

no clue what it is. or why....day or night.....It just gets more blow ups.  

I picked up their new popping frog....and after getting it...just left in in the box.....I can't believe how heavy of a hook they put on it.

If i could actually get a solid past the barb hookset..I'd break the damn jaw trying to get it out.  Completely overkill.   Sticking with the spros.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

Some frogs just do not get a good hookset. Most likely the angle of the hook or something. Was fishing a scum filled pond last week. A ton of blow ups from big pickerel. So often they just hit that frog and miss getting it into their mouths.

I need to fish frogs more at night.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

Good ole fashion horny toad, scum frog, and spros

The freshwater lure scene in the past ten years has grown . The choices and techniques  are endless and fantastic for certain conditions, lakes, etc. I'm a minimalist.  

Started throwing a wacky rig 20 years ago just driving any offset hook I had through the middle. 

I'm proud to say I'm keeping up with the Jones's and broke down and bought the tool, o rings.