Striper Report Day 14 of 2018 & Will it be my last one this year ?

Rate this topic

bonefishdick

2 hours ago, thaistick said:

Hopefully this will not be your last trip...please look into medical marijuana especially CBD (canabanoids/cannabidiol) oil taken orally..this alternative/holistic method will provide you with a better quality of life that conventional treatments does not. We went thru this with two family members ...please DM if you need more info on this sending positive vibe with spiritual strength .

Already got all those bases covered :)

Edited by bonefishdick

The Tug Is The Drug

P1060161avrs.JPG.4cfec72f29b8d59afe85d0e7a9d85266.JPG

Dick..  you have so many followers here that respect what you do and look forward to your colorful reports. I figured I’d bump into you one day at a Dunkin’s and just say thanks.  Maybe I still will.  You sure have a knack or maybe a gift for telling a story.  I hope you keep on writing and posting.

Dick -

Over the years I've enjoyed your posts, and I've enjoyed running into you on Morris Island every once in a while even more. 

Cancer sucks and I'm sorry your faced with this fight again.  Having been side by side too many times with friends and family in this fight with cancer over the years the only thing I've learned is that there is something powerful in the support of family, friends and a community.  No doubt you have support from family and friends, but you also have the support of this SOL community.

Sending lots of positive energy your way and looking forward to bumping into you on Morris Island again soon.

Best,

Jay

Dick i met you seral times on the beach in Sanibel. Will be saying a prayer fore your fast recovery.

The surf has been up last week but we have had some luck blind casting.

Will be looking forward to see you next year.

Chuck

So sorry to hear this Dick.

We never meet but you’ve been many time a companion of my solo trips, at least in my mind...  In fact many of your reports inspired me: the technical aspect of fishing and your tenacity to name a few.  

I’m convinced this demonstrated tenacity of yours will get the best possible outcome of this difficult passage.

my best vibes,

sincerely

dc

Edited by dcote

Dick,

Doctors can be wrong. Tests can be wrong. Odds are just that...odds, not facts, unless and until they become facts. Then, and only then. It can be beat. You've proven that. 

This may be happening to you, but you are not in this alone. We are all with you in this. All of us. You are legend on this forum, Dick. This is just like fishing. If one fly doesn't work, you take the sucker off and tie on another one and go back to casting.

We don't give up. We never give up. We may get beat, but we never quit trying. And even then, we get up and try again. We never surrender. 

Hang in there...and know that we are with you. And that prayers are being said in many places on your behalf. 

P.S. Diggin' the avatar! The Energizer Bonefishdick...he just keeps on going!!! Make it so!

Edited by Del Gue