jjdbike

NRS Workboot?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

From what I’ve read here I’ve decided on a new pair of footwear for the surf & potentially the jetty.

I need a solid supportive sole because I have bad feet & will need orthodics.

I like the ATB, especially how easy it looks to get in & out of. The Workboot looks even more supportive & potentially sturdy enough to strap on Korker. My one concern about the Workboot is from the pics it dosen’t look like the booty has a zipper so it looks like it could be a PIA to get in & out of.

For those who have seen & or used these, I have two questions about the NRS Workboot:

1st, is it sturdy enough to strap Korker sandles onto?

2nd, how are they to got in & out of?

Thanks!

JD

The pair I have are a pain in the ass to get in/out of but maybe I should have gotten one size bigger.   Not much worse than a dive booty though.   I really like em when I am planning on long distances on sandy beaches.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

The work boot doesn't have a zipper and is difficult to remove after use due to the neoprene lining. They work fine with Korkers. I tried attaching studs to the bottom but that didn't work out so well. The studs folded due to the lack of stiffness of the shoe bottom. I tried a stud with a longer connection point and they penetrated too far into the boot where you could feel them on the bottom of your feet. 

Edited by theSURF121

Don't use it for sandy beach. There is a open area under neath the shoe lacing and the neoprene bootie where sand get in and squeeze your toes. Very uncomfortable.   The sole is not deep or sturdy enough for screw in spikes. 

Don't know, never tried them.  Order 1 size up at least.  Best to bring two pair of thick socks to the store and try it out.  In my opinion, if you are not driving on the beach, it's best to get a pair of normal wading boot and screw in spikes.  If you are driving, then getting korkers instead of spikes might be a better idea.

Are these the boots you are talking about?

I have been wearing them forever.  What is nice about them is they have a heel.  Good support. Like a work boot True to size,  They do not keep out the the sand or water.  To help with the sand I wear Hydroskin 0.5 inside the boot.  NRS discontinued this stye Hydroskin and came out with another style which is complete garbage.  Very loose at the ankle.  

IMG_2659.jpg

6 hours ago, theSURF121 said:

The work boot doesn't have a zipper and is difficult to remove after use due to the neoprene lining. They work fine with Korkers. I tried attaching studs to the bottom but that didn't work out so well. The studs folded due to the lack of stiffness of the shoe bottom. I tried a stud with a longer connection point and they penetrated too far into the boot where you could feel them on the bottom of your feet. 

i had that problem, i replaced the Grip-studs with the Orvis studs,, they WORK GREAT... no more folding, no more feel on the bottoms

If you are wearing them with stocking foot waders look at the Hodgeman Neoprene Wade Shoe. It’s 3.5 mm vs. 5 mm for the NRS so a bit more comfortable for summer. Also the zipper is on top so they are easier to get in to.