Its 10

St. Croix upgrade

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Would assume you could trade it. If not you could always just break it.   I wondered the same thing though.   

No reason for them to be broken. 

Broken and non-broken rods are auctioned off in batches by St. Croix after they scratch off the labeling. 

Party sure they have to be broken and non repairable to qualify for an upgrade. I called them 2 months ago because the top guide on my Mojo Inshore 7'6" kept falling off onto my line almost every cast. I tried to upgrade but they said it was repairable so it didn't qualify. I put on a new top guide for $5 and kept on fishing......

Posted (edited) · Report post

Snap it in half.  Closed mine in the door and they replaced. Though I may have said it happened while fishing.  

Edited by Mikeinri

I don’t think it needs to be broken. Before you do anything call them and see if they can do something for you. I found out snt.  croix has a very good customer service 

The scumbag level of human beings on full display here. Here we have a high quality company with products made in the USA, and we have people trying to figure out how to scheme the policy the company has for customer who have legitimately had a mishap or issue with their rod. People who think like this and who encourage breaking the rod to get an upgrade should be ashamed.

20 mins ago, Billy 40 said:

The scumbag level of human beings on full display here. Here we have a high quality company with products made in the USA, and we have people trying to figure out how to scheme the policy the company has for customer who have legitimately had a mishap or issue with their rod. People who think like this and who encourage breaking the rod to get an upgrade should be ashamed.

Agreed. And that's exactly why I replaced the tip and kept on fishing. 

I’ll give them a call to confirm about the upgrade. As for myself I wouldnt have the courage to intentionally break a expensive rod. I’ll have 7 years of “ no stripers “ luck. Plus I wouldn’t be able to sleep. 

Also, it's well known that women never sleep with anglers who break St. Croix rods. Any other brand, they don't care.  They're the same way with fluorocarbon leaders, they're just instinctively drawn to men who use them.

Don't forget rod must still be within warranty period to qualify for upgrade.  You can check the age of your rod on St Croix's website - all rods are marked with a year/month code.