capefish4231

Cheap clear slotted fly boxes

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know where to get clear plastic fly boxes with SLOTTED foam, that are deep enough for our saltwater streamers, with NO logo on them? I had one from Cabelas that was about 4" x 6" with grey slotted foam but it said Cabelas on the lid. I am making up a couple boxes of flies to donate and do not want any logos. 

Edited by capefish4231

Most people don't read what the box says anyway, it's what's' inside that counts. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but if you want a box like that the odds are you going to have to make one.

I don't think there are going to be many on the market that don't have a name or Logo. Marketing is always the name of the game.

1 hour ago, bonefishdick said:

Most people don't read what the box says anyway, it's what's' inside that counts. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but if you want a box like that the odds are you going to have to make one.

I don't think there are going to be many on the market that don't have a name or Logo. Marketing is always the name of the game.

I know it's just that I have a sticker for an associated organization that I need to put on the cover of the box and don't want to put it over another logo. 

Consider making them. Go to a Michael's and buy a few clear boxes and some foam/glue. They're an easy project and no logos....

Some of the "cheapo" clear fly boxes on eBay don't appear to have logos on them.    No-name brands that probably come from China.   You might have to remove and add your own slotted foam inserts but they are double sided and have clear covers.

HT

I did make a few from 5x7 photo boxes at michaels and a boat patch of fly foam but need to find perfectly rectangular boxes when I try again - the boxes I bought had an irregular edge where the latch was and it was hard to trim the foam to fit around it just right, even after making and using a cardboard template/ I found one on Amazon from china that is 1.25" deep, that's the deepest I've seen yet and could be OK for larger streamers. I want to be able to store two rhody flatwings, two bulky deceivers, and some ray's flies without smashing down the hackle and herl so that they keep their profile as much as possible. 

Posted (edited)

capefish I am going to send you a couple of pictures that may solve your problem, it should should appear in the messages section. I did not want to put it on the open forum. It may involve placing an order since I don't know where you live.

Edited by bonefishdick

I've bought boxes directly from Flambeau, made my own slotted foam from 3 sheets of 5 mm EVA foam glued together with 3M 90, from the big hardware stores.