Theflyguy

Two hand rods for the salt

Rate this topic

662 posts in this topic

Hahhaa :)

Hi Esa!

Yeah, we have met few times over the years :)

Thanks for advices Mike :howdy:

Yes, I'm going to do mostly overhead casts. When I'm fishing with switch / dh rods on a saltwater, mainly i do overhead casts.

We have been once in Hyannis and we liked it a lot.

In that time i didn't know, how to look and search good places to fish...i was little bit frustrated...i took a bus and went different locations...i even hitchike there and tried to find good fishing areas :) So it was 90% of going around and 10% of fishing, without luck.

Now we were thinking to get accommodation some where areas of Wellfleet to Provincetown but we haven't make any reservations yet. So Hyannis is one option...i have read about fishing in Barnstable area. And Chatham looks also very interested place to be and doing fishing.

About the tides....some peoples has wrote that when tides are going down ( low tides )...just before tides are stable...it is good time to go fishing + hole stable/zero tide time? And they stop fishing when water level start to rise up...water is coming back. Maybe it depends where at Cape Cod they are fishing?

Best regards!

Jukka alias Jacka Heineken

Jukka

I guess you are talking Cape Cod Bay.

It is a bit more complicated than that tide wise. I can help you with tides for the flats and as regards safety. Best to do that my email or PM. When you have 15 posts you can send PM. 

Esa has my email address and he I am sure will pass it onto you if he has your email.

Personally  I would not base myself in Hyannis.

I would be based further  east I would suggest West Dennis on the south side to Chatham. I base myself in the Harwich Port area.

From here I can get to Cape Cod Bay in the north in 20 minutes. Chatham in 30 minutes. Orleans in 35 minutes and Race Point in around 75 minutes.

Chatham is more expensive.

In average traffic nowhere is more than 100 minutes away in the Cape,

Will you have a hire car to get around in. You really need one. If not then your place of stay is even more critical.

I would find it pretty darned hard to fish the Cape using public

transport.

Mike

Edited by Mike Oliver