BrianBM

Ann Coulter and "former Trumpers"

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Some time ago, I saw Ann Coulter interviewed by some talking head on CNN.  I'm not sure if it was a CNN regular or not, it might've been someone from the NYTimes. The interview followed some occasion when President Trump was thought to have wavered on whether he'd insist on Congress funding the Wall or not.

The gist of the interview was Ms. Coulter's warnings that the single thing most essential to President Trump's most devoted followers was the Wall. If he let that slide, then he needed to fear their vengeance, not merely their failure to vote for him a second time, but their vengeful, active resistance to his second term campaign.

The chance that he will relinquish his Wall appears to be gone. The whole point of separating children and parents is to force Congress to fund the Wall's prompt construction. Ms. Coulter is back on track with him and says the crying tots we see on T.V. are child actors. 

A question for the Trump supporters. Would you agree with Ms. Coulter that the single most important part of the President's commitment to his voters is the Wall?

It would be the most symbolic, most tangible, of his fulfilled campaign promises, if nothing else.

Most important to me, not really, although I agree one is needed in places.

His most important campaign promise to me was to 'Lock Her Up'.

If he does that, he is truly emptying the swamp.

Ann is one of the 46 people that Trump follows on twitter.

He sees all of her tweets and she’s been been very tough on him over this for the last year and a half, pounding him almost daily about the lack of wall construction.

This is no small thing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I didnt vote for him but I am generally supportive.  

For me, a physical wall is irrelevant, so long as he has meaningful tangibly impact in moving the pendulum of open borders (boarders?! lol) and meaningful immigration reform.

So whats that mean?  Some legislation and some actions that act to drastically reduce illegal immigration.  33% reduction in his first term would do it for me, and I wouldnt care a wit about a physical wall.   

I am 100% certain that publicizing that bringing your kids to cross the border illegally is a poor decision.  DJT is emphasizing this fact.  Good on him.

I am cautiously optimistic.  But then, I am not a Trump or Die sort of guy, so I prbaby wasnt your target audience.

Edited by 55555s

Build the effin wall dammit! 

Not one inch on these illegal kids. 

Stay in Mexico if you want to stay together or go through a processing center and apply.

On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best, an actual wall is a 1 to me.

- 10 - No nuclear war over NK or Iran

- 9 - No ground war, anywhere, that gets thousands of our people killed

- 8 - Get the economy rolling, reduce unemployment, reduce the debt

- 7 - Fix the VA, secure the border (irrelevant to me whether or not it requires a wall)

- 6 - Begin mass deportations of illegals already here

The rest is all icing.  As long as Trump accomplishes 8, 9 and 10, and legitimately tries 7, he has my full support.

I think the wall is stupid, except in certain high traffic areas, but if Mexico is going to pay for it what do I care. If on the other hand I have to pay for it, that’s a different story. 

Most of the illegals in my area are here on overstayed visas, but I don’t hear a peep about resolving that issue. I guess it doesn’t play as well at rallies; “Fix that visa overstay problem! And Brazil, Ireland, Guatemala, Poland, Romania and Russia are going to pay for it!”