jimmy z

New inexpensive round bait-caster; Chaos 60

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

the gears are brass and the plastic is not in a high pressure area,,from what I have seen on very many reels the pinion carrier is almost always some kind of nylon\plastic piece again not a hi stress area.

should prove to work well,we will see.

HH

On 6/28/2018 at 2:34 PM, hairyfishhead said:

Excellent information and pictures, thanks for sharing. This would make a great back up or loaner reel to have on deck!

You're welcome my friend. I've been doing this for some time now and I see a winner in this reel

On 6/28/2018 at 3:55 PM, Spigola said:

I just wish reels were made without all that plastic crap inside of them.  I prefer brass gears.

I know Spig. But the main and pinion are brass

On 6/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, Roddy said:

spooled mine up last night,can't wait to sling it out there.

it actually came with the C-brakes set with one on and the rest clicked off,spool was centered perfectly and that ever so slight side to side wiggle just the way it should be.

HH

Isn't it a decent reel? Right out of the box ya can tell it's a winner

13 mins ago, jimmy z said:

yes indeed true.

right away I was smiling.

it feels so solid and the smoothness is great.

as for looks,thats very nice too.feel is spot on as well.

looking at the inside it is very simple with few moving parts and that's a plus.

I didn't see if it had a backup AR but,still in all for 56 bucks it is a winner.

makes me want to add to the arsenal,,,which I def don't need at all.

I have an older shimano scimitar salmon rod laying around with no reel for it so,now both have a new friend.

HH

Edited by Roddy

22 hours ago, jimmy z said:

took mine out this am,thing casted very nice,as good as any other round casting reel.

was smooth and with it's 210 yds of 20lb mono,it worked out perfectly,had to adjust the centering on it slightly and then it was perfect.

glad you found this piece,really like it lots.

I opened it to have a looksee,gave it a washing and a greasing and it is even smoother now.

very happy I bought one.

HH

3 hours ago, Roddy said:

took mine out this am,thing casted very nice,as good as any other round casting reel.

was smooth and with it's 210 yds of 20lb mono,it worked out perfectly,had to adjust the centering on it slightly and then it was perfect.

glad you found this piece,really like it lots.

I opened it to have a looksee,gave it a washing and a greasing and it is even smoother now.

very happy I bought one.

HH

Thats good news my friend. I was out too this morning, finally saw some bunker. :howdy:

Based on your photos, I decided to buy one. I got the Chaos 50. It does appear to be a good bang for the buck.

Very similar to the Omoto. I didn’t get a chance to fish it yet. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 mins ago, PM Casting said:

Based on your photos, I decided to buy one. I got the Chaos 50. It does appear to be a good bang for the buck.

when you do get it wet,you will like it.

if I had another stick laying around,I would by another one.

I sold 2 rigs and gave away one so,I don't feel over rigged.

as for it being similar to the omoto,I agree with you.

Omoto reels have been solid to me over the years I have on mine.

HH

Edited by Roddy

8 hours ago, PM Casting said:

That's good. I only test and review the reels that I believe are gonna be decent. But I've found over the years that what looks good may/can be a dud. But this Chaos reel seems to be a winner

took mine out this am and got into a fish,drag is nice,fight was good and the gearing is smooth.

not a monster but,it fought hard and with the current it was great to fish with,,,it gets 2 thumbs up for being a winner!

5bcedf1c5420b_HHPlugWerxLDP305.JPG.3b647801eaf374386c14bc271702d25e.JPG5bcedf2d398d5_HHPlugWerxLDP304.JPG.2b9cf92f7e567f1a838fe04f27152c71.JPG

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:50 AM, PM Casting said:

so,what do you think of the chaos-50?

ya fish it yet?

HH

12 hours ago, GoneCoastal said:

Jimmy, Roddy, would it be safe to say that these reels will take ABU tune up parts ? Like the upgrade level winds, bearing, gears ect ? 

I haven't gotten into that yet with the 60, but from my experienc, I would say no. While many of these reels look the same, the parts and pieces aren't. 

Bearings? Bearings are just bearings. You can get an upgrade from Boca or the like