jimmy z

New inexpensive round bait-caster; Chaos 60

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ok, from time to time I see something in the line of bait-casters that pique my interest. This reel is the new Piscifun Chaos 60 round bait-casting reel. 

The company is relatively new and hails from the West Coast. There is a website and parts available. These are important to me.

I had the reel about two weeks now and right out of the box it was a winner. It is smooth on the cast and retrieve and no backlashes, even when I opened up the end caps. But to a novice, with the correct adjustment, he/she will be a winner!

As you can see in the pics, it is a typical reel of that caliber. I like a few features; the reel foot with four(4) rivets,  the handle knob is smooth with a bearing, the gear stack is on a stem and not attached with a "c" clip. The reel has a thumb bar release and I like this feature. It has standard 5.3:1 gears and it holds about 300 yrds of 50# braid. The box claims it has 20 lb of drag. 

What I really like is that the bearings are in the side plate, old school style. And, and, there is a bearing over the A/R in the boss. Now this is something I've always wondered why no other reel manufacturer has done. 

While I like this last reature, the height of the A/R bearing isn't as tall at other reels this size. I don't believe this will be an issue, but I'll keep using and hopefully a big blue will take one of the new plugs I've been building,:howdy:

CIMG4328.JPG

CIMG4329.JPG

CIMG4330.JPG

CIMG4331.JPG

CIMG4332.JPG

CIMG4333.JPG

CIMG4334.JPG

CIMG4335.JPG

CIMG4336.JPG

CIMG4337.JPG

CIMG4338.JPG

CIMG4339.JPG

CIMG4340.JPG

CIMG4344.JPG

CIMG4345.JPG

CIMG4346.JPG

CIMG4347.JPG

CIMG4348.JPG

CIMG4351.JPG

CIMG4352.JPG

CIMG4353.JPG

CIMG4354.JPG

CIMG4355.JPG

Edited by jimmy z

6 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Ok, from time to time I see something in the line of bait-casters that pique my interest. This reel is the new Piscifun Chaos 60 round bait-casting reel. 

The company is relatively new and hails from the West Coast. There is a website and parts available. These are important to me.

I had the reel about two weeks now and right out of the box it was a winner. It is smooth on the cast and retrieve and no backlashes, even when I opened up the end caps. But to a novice, with the correct adjustment, he/she will be a winner!

As you can see in the pics, it is a typical reel of that caliber. I like a few features; the reel foot with four(4) rivets,  the handle knob is smooth with a bearing, the gear stack is on a stem and not attached with a "c" clip. The reel has a thumb bar release and I like this feature. It has standard 5.3:1 gears and it holds about 300 yrds of 50# braid. The box claims it has 20 lb of drag. 

What I really like is that the bearings are in the side plate, old school style. And, and, there is a bearing over the A/R in the boss. Now this is something I've always wondered why no other reel manufacturer has done. 

While I like this last reature, the height of the A/R bearing isn't as tall at other reels this size. I don't believe this will be an issue, but I'll keep using and hopefully a big blue will take one of the new plugs I've been building,:howdy:

CIMG4328.JPG

CIMG4329.JPG

CIMG4330.JPG

CIMG4331.JPG

CIMG4332.JPG

CIMG4333.JPG

CIMG4334.JPG

CIMG4335.JPG

CIMG4336.JPG

CIMG4337.JPG

CIMG4338.JPG

CIMG4339.JPG

CIMG4340.JPG

CIMG4344.JPG

CIMG4345.JPG

CIMG4346.JPG

CIMG4347.JPG

CIMG4348.JPG

CIMG4351.JPG

CIMG4352.JPG

CIMG4353.JPG

CIMG4354.JPG

CIMG4355.JPG

JZ,I was waiting for you to do this.

was looking at it and liked it from what I could see.

think I'll try one out.

HH

5 hours ago, Roddy said:

JZ,I was waiting for you to do this.

was looking at it and liked it from what I could see.

think I'll try one out.

HH

It's a very well made reel Roddy

3 mins ago, Roddy said:

I said the very same thing whilst looking at the exploded view of it.

I like it.

going for the 60 myself.

HH

You won't be sorry

2 mins ago, Roddy said:

oh I know that if you say it's good it is good,you have my full confidence.

love the color too,,,,

HH

Thanks old friend, that right there is better than gold!:howdy:

On 6/17/2018 at 7:04 PM, Catch This said:

Appears to have a lot of similarities to the Abu's

It does, but also Omoto reels. It's a very well built reel

mine came in Saturday.

when I held it I can feel it is a quality reel,smooth as hell and spins very free what I whip the handle.

love the feel of it.

will give it a test out Friday am.

HH

spooled mine up last night,can't wait to sling it out there.

it actually came with the C-brakes set with one on and the rest clicked off,spool was centered perfectly and that ever so slight side to side wiggle just the way it should be.

HH

Edited by Roddy