Happy now NJ liberals?

Rate this topic

9 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Do you shoot? 

Do you shoot at something other than a static range? 

Do you shoot when drawing from concealed? 

Do you shoot in dynamic situations with movement? 

Do you shoot under adrenalin-enhanced conditions? 

Do you shoot at oblique angles or from other than Weaver or Isosceles stances? 

Do you shoot at moving targets?

Do you understand the 21 foot dynamic? 

Your double tap suggestion works in video games and, usually, among elite warriors to discharge hundreds of rounds a week in dynamic training? It is a suggestion to civilian shooters by someone who is either unserious or just under-informed. 

Excellent post as is post# 44 also that will go unaswered , 

Edited by TheKnot

32 mins ago, Philly said:

I thought it was impeaching Trump, Dena.   At least no ones come back with, but..but..but the 2nd Amendment.  Even if we're playing the "need game" at some point you have to rationalize why you need it, whether it be boat, car, gun or a high capacity magazine.  Once upon a time you could have made the argument to protect the basic food, water and shelter.  These days not so much.   A lot of folks seem to be upset by the 10 round magazine capacity limit.  Is it because you've been told "no you can't have one anymore" and are throwing a hissy fit or is there a rational reason beside "want" which has nothing to do with "need"

Riverboat33, what pistol did you settle on?  I'm in the same situation you are.

The problem is this

Anyone who owns an antique gun or inherited a gun that fits the description is now an instant criminal.

Anyone who hunts with a semi auto that fits the description is now a criminal.

Just because a magazine can hold ten rounds doesn't mean it needs to be full when afield. My cars speedometer goes to 130 but I don't have to drive that fast either.  

So what criminals did you stop with this law?  How many deaths did you prevent with it?  And when the insane kid next door shoots his neighbor with a crossbow will you ban that too?  Maybe you should recognize instead the insane kid needs help and work on a program to help him and take HIS weapons away.  Not mine.

Maybe we should start enforcing the current laws instead of enacting new frivolous ones that affect law abiding citizens and sportsmen.

It will not stop here.  You wont be satisfied with ten rounds. Thats just a start for the libs.  Next you will take all semi autos away. Then it will be pistols. Finding one excuse after another to cover up for your own failures to be able to enforce current common sense laws. 

Bottom line is the dems are destroying our country and they dont want anyone else to have guns except for them and their security detail.

Hope you feel safer knowing someones grandpas gun hanging on the basement wall will go to the burn pile while phil murphy makes us a sanctuary state where illegals can vote after they sell your kids heroin and crack

Yes i agree with KOQ.  libs are a$$wipes.   You are not fixing problems.  You are creating more bureaucracy and red tape to cover up your shortcomings for dealing with the existing ones.

I'll BE PULLING ON MY ROD - TILL THEY LAY ME IN SOD!!!!!

1 hour ago, epanzella said:

The solution already exists. Let teachers that have carry permits voluntarily arm themselves...............

Take it one step further and encourage it.  Use state money to provide free training for those that are going to be responsible enough to carry for their safety and everyone else's in the school.

I have noticed bit of a trend, totally unscientific, from watching the television show Live PD for a few years now, and that is the people stopped that have a handgun with one of those ridiculous foot long extended magazines dangling out of a Hi-Point are typically arrested for not being licensed and/or felon in possetion of a firearm. And seems almost 91% of the time there is a drug charge mixed in as well. 

Just an observation. 

17 mins ago, TheKnot said:

Excellent post as is post# 44 also that will go unaswered , 

I have done a bit training, both private was well as with LE. I shoot pretty well at normal SD distances but add a bit of adrenaline or heavy breathing and all bets are off. Lucky under those conditions to put two of three rounds in the box, never mind Philly's mythical double-tap on demand. 

There's a reason LEOs empty their 15-18 round mags when there is a shooting, they can't hit crap when under stress. They don't train for it. Only elite warriors, the best of SWAT, competition shooters and video game players can make such shots with any degree of regularity. And those last ones never actually expend a real round. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

This was posted on here recently,it shows how fast someone can be on you during an attack,it shows how a person can be shot a number of times and still be dangerous.Now imagine, you are with your family and two or three guys come after you with intent to kidnap,rape and kill,10 rounds may not be enough.

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper

5 hours ago, Philly said:

So why do you need a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds?   Are you a competition shooter or a member of the spray and pray church?   

Why do people need to have a car/truck that is able to go over the speed limit? There are a lot of whys that could be asked about a lot of things. Do you know how fast you can change out a magazine and start shooting again? Nothing but a "feel good" law to maybe collect some more money. Uneducated dolts buy into this stuff.

15 mins ago, BLT said:

Why do people need to have a car/truck that is able to go over the speed limit? There are a lot of whys that could be asked about a lot of things. Do you know how fast you can change out a magazine and start shooting again? Nothing but a "feel good" law to maybe collect some more money. Uneducated dolts buy into this stuff.

I suspect some are not dolts,they are fully aware,it is being used as a means to an end.NY banned mags that held more than 7,after they get 7 what will be the next number pulled out of a politicians orifice under the guise of fighting crime?

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper

Yenta?  Could have been worse.  Talk about unhinged.  Ya'll are acting like a bunch of liberals.  The trigger is just different.  All I asked was a question.  Hoping maybe to get a rational answer as to why ya'll were upset.  Never said anything against high capacity magazines.  If you want to own them, no skin off my back.    

5 hours ago, Philly said:

Once upon a time you could have made the argument to protect the basic food, water and shelter.  These days not so much. 

Since you have a working crystal ball can you please let us know how long this era of peace and prosperity is going to last ?

It might not happen in our lifetimes, possibly not our children's lifetimes or even our great great grandchildren's - but someday something will happen to cause a collapse of society or of our government - be it man made issues, pandemic, or a natural disaster.

It's not if, it's when.

Go study your history books and stop being so short sighted 

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962