Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dogfisher1

Transducer and FF on Prowler 13

6 posts in this topic

I am very curious to see how all you Prowler 13 owners are locating your fish finders, transducers, and batteries. I've searched the forum but haven't seen too much. Pictures would be great.

The prowler 13 has a scupper ready transducer for hummingbird fish finders. If you buy a hummingbird

fish finder they have  transducers that fit in ocean kayaks. They have a transducer exchange program for this.

Ocean kayak sells a battery bag to  put the battery in. You can also use a plastic container. You can also use

duct seal to mount the transducer in the hull. Check out you tube and search on prowler 13 rigging.

You will see lots of fellow kayak fisherman's handy work. Lots of options out there. 

Ryan think of your new kayak like a blank canvas. You can put things where ever is best for you. Also don't start rigging your kayak until you paddle it. This way you can determine where to put your accessories. Some people like to keep one side of the kayak clear so they have a place the can reenter when they flip. Just about anything you are thinking of doing to your kayak has been done already and put up on you tube. It is a great place to learn about kayak rigging.  Don't forget to post some pictures of your new ride when you are done. Good luck with your search. 

Here is my setup on older OK Prowler 13.

White box on top is battery.

Whole setup is easy to put on and take off to transport.

Works for me in the last 5 years.

Thanks!

20180615_165529.jpg

20180615_165544.jpg