Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angryeel

Fins IGFA Spectra Line

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Just taking a look at the cabellas site and noticed that they have this new IGFA rated spectra by Fins: Anyone have any experience with this line? Wondering about the normal stuff; true diameter and profile of line, properties of the coating, general handling characteristics, etc. It would be nice to have a braid with a known breaking strength.

Thanks for any input

Angryeel

Well, since patience is not my strong suit, I am going to go ahead and order some at the end of the day today. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Angryeel

PS, if anyone has anything bad to say, please do so before 4:30pm

Angryeel... The VP of Marketing of FINS gave me a 30 lb spool of the regular FINS GSP line a few months ago and I had excelent results with weakfish and snook. The line as mentioned is not as thin as Whiplash, but it is a very good line in all other aspects.

More recently I received a new 500 yd spool from him and I will spool this line probably tomorrow to try on the roosters this weekend.

I would order the regular FINS and not the IGFA unless you have an eye on a world record as apparently they are of the same diameter, meaning that the IGFA line has less tensile strenght because the regular one probably over tests having a break load higher than its rated label.

Sergio