“Join or Die” in CA?

Rate this topic

jjdbike

Hey folks,

I know it’s not fishing related but not sure where it would be more appropriate to post.

Mods, if you feel it more appropriate in another forum please feel free to move this.

This is important, I am totally NOT trying to start ANY sort or political debate. I’m simply curious of why this represents here.

I know the join or die snake as a symbol urging the early northern colonies / regions to unlite against Britain.

I’m visiting family & grandchildren in San Diego county. I’m seeing this symbol all over the place. I live in PA & fish in NJ & New England. I’ve never seen this symbol in my neck of the woods. 

Why is is so prevalent here? Is it some political movement? Whay does it represent or symbolize here?

Thanks!

JD

Hard Rock band from Syracuse. As far as SoCal goes it’s prolly just ads for some tshirt and other crap business. 

Or some crusty gutter punk band. 

Edited by telecronista
Info

'If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck, I'd swim to the bottom and never come up.'  Chuck Ragan

7 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Hey folks,

I know it’s not fishing related but not sure where it would be more appropriate to post.

Mods, if you feel it more appropriate in another forum please feel free to move this.

This is important, I am totally NOT trying to start ANY sort or political debate. I’m simply curious of why this represents here.

I know the join or die snake as a symbol urging the early northern colonies / regions to unlite against Britain.

I’m visiting family & grandchildren in San Diego county. I’m seeing this symbol all over the place. I live in PA & fish in NJ & New England. I’ve never seen this symbol in my neck of the woods. 

Why is is so prevalent here? Is it some political movement? Whay does it represent or symbolize here?

Thanks!

JD

http://www.kron4.com/news/california/measure-to-split-california-into-3-states-qualifies-for-november-ballot/1235134765

Join or die snake?

Not the "Don't tread on me" snake from the American Revolution ??

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

6 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Join or die snake?

Not the "Don't tread on me" snake from the American Revolution ??

It has to be the Gadsden flag.

"The first Marines enlisted in the city of Philadelphia, and they carried drums painted yellow, depicting a coiled rattlesnake with thirteen rattles, and the motto "Don't Tread on Me." This is the first recorded mention of the future Gadsden flag's symbolism".

Be the chimp, not the frog.....

Yeah the Gadsden flag I see all over, but usually it is a Marine or family that has ties to the military. When I was camping at Merced River last month a family had one displayed in their campsite across from us, when I asked them about it the whole family had been or was still active in the Marine Core or Army. I also think it is just a cool flag & motto, another reason you see it a lot. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, Norcalbeachbum said:

The politicians of ca are trying their hardest to disarm law abiding citizens. Some of us are trying even harder to preserve our rights 

Going to the range can be an eye opener for many.  :rav:

And a thousand pikes were flashing by the rising of the moon