chitala383

Daiwa saltist back bay

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey folks, I'm looking to pick up a new setup for mostly surf fluking. I like what I've heard and read about the new saltist back bay and am wondering what you guys think of it, those that have it. I read and watched Scooby's review and replied to that thread but haven't gotten a response. Aside from fluking it'll also be used for mc55's bug floating technique for bass. Probably gonna pair it with a 7' tsunami airwave surf. Thoughts?

Edited by chitala383

Awesome reel.. I've been beating on mine all season so far and absolutely love it.. it's all but taken my stradic 3000 out of rotation.. I've had it on the 7 foot tsunami slimwave for kayak fluking, but line capacity and a smooth strong drag make it a great choice for targeting larger species than fluke. I put it on a 7'2 phenix Bermuda and it handled blues to 17lbs with ease. Great choice.. you'll be happy with it 

14 hours ago, chitala383 said:

I read and watched Sudsy's review and replied to that thread but haven't gotten a response.

??

I've never fished a Saltist in my life (no particular reason, just haven't)

18 mins ago, Sudsy said:

??

I've never fished a Saltist in my life (no particular reason, just haven't)

Sorry, I was thinking of another post by you when I was writing this. I meant scooby's thread. My fault.

Wait.... what ? Mixed me up with Scooby ? :squid:

It's easy to tell us apart

I'm far better looking and a much better fisherman

3 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Haha. 

On 6/14/2018 at 3:38 AM, Shipwreck said:

Perfect Reel for that.

The 4000 size will be out late summer.

Have you seen any specs for the 4000 size? Couldn't find any online.

Thx!

On 6/14/2018 at 1:32 PM, Sudsy said:

Ha! Awesome 

I ordered the saltist back bay the other day and got it today. Oh man does this thing feel nice. Gonna spool it up with 10# spiderwire ultracast. I know I had mentioned pairing it with a tsunami airwave, but does anyone have any other suggestions for as decent fluke rod for this bad boy?

1 hour ago, chitala383 said:

I ordered the saltist back bay the other day and got it today. Oh man does this thing feel nice. Gonna spool it up with 10# spiderwire ultracast. I know I had mentioned pairing it with a tsunami airwave, but does anyone have any other suggestions for as decent fluke rod for this bad boy?

Mine is currently on a 7 foot tsunami slimwave 701MH.. it's a great combo for fluke and a whole lot more. The slimwave has what of call a more spongy tip... if you like a faster action rod, it paired well with my 7'2 Phenix Bermuda BMX-S-725.. both rods are amazing choices and a lot of fun to fish. Both rods pair perfectly with the reel (but I'm sure many others do also).

I have the 4000 LT and absolutely love it. Rock solid and smooth as better. Have even submerged multiple times while light tackle casting in surf waist high followed by good fresh water spray downs and hasn’t missed a beat. I’m going to switch it over to a true back bay Striper setup in the coming month for 3/4 to 2oz lures and plugs with 30lb Jbraid. Any reccomendations for rods? Was looking to go 8+ft in length and a 1 piece. 

5 hours ago, SluggoAndPopHer said:

I have the 4000 LT and absolutely love it. Rock solid and smooth as better. Have even submerged multiple times while light tackle casting in surf waist high followed by good fresh water spray downs and hasn’t missed a beat. I’m going to switch it over to a true back bay Striper setup in the coming month for 3/4 to 2oz lures and plugs with 30lb Jbraid. Any reccomendations for rods? Was looking to go 8+ft in length and a 1 piece. 

Very interesting memberename you have. What's the genesis of it?