3 mins ago, heyblue34 said:

Don't take it personally but...

20160728_071107.jpg

That's been the sentiment from most of the locals I've run into :laugh:

LIBBA #2599

MSA #2599

Gateway Striper Club

2 hours ago, mljacob1 said:

Never been to that part of the country, and the few Jerseyans I know are good people. But all these stories are giving me a good laugh. So for those who know, are these just stereotypes, or is there actually some truth behind them?

Pwnf4_d.jpg.5296aaf5c043c33a49aa3bab6d10932f.jpg

I grew up bordering between "worse than Detroit" and "happy white families" and can confirm this map is 100% accurate.  Half the county was built on old Superfund sites, I'm still trying to get over the belief that eating anything you pull out of the ground or water will immediately kill you.

5 hours ago, Fish Monkey said:

I didn't catch anything at the canal this morning, but somebody put a little foam penis on the antenna of the truck parked next to me this morning with Jersey plates. So it wasnt a terrible morning.

Great!  now I've got THAT song in my head!  

DITCH TROLL

12 hours ago, Fish Monkey said:

I didn't catch anything at the canal this morning, but somebody put a little foam penis on the antenna of the truck parked next to me this morning with Jersey plates. So it wasnt a terrible morning.

Why didn’t you catch? One of the jersey boys shined their light in the water? You guys are a trip ripping jersey guys. Ride your bike walk down 6 rocks and fish. No public access issues no parking permits nobody towing your car. It’s a vacation for us. 

2 mins ago, SPCFudgie said:

No public access issues no parking permits nobody towing your car. It’s a vacation for us. 

No access issues until every lot on the canal is full at 3 am with 5000 cars and 10,000 anglers. Not ripping, just stating the truth.

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

10 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

No access issues until every lot on the canal is full at 3 am with 5000 cars and 10,000 anglers. Not ripping, just stating the truth.

I can’t speak for past issues you have had but I’ve been here since Saturday haven’t seen more than 10 guys a night 

15 mins ago, SPCFudgie said:

I can’t speak for past issues you have had but I’ve been here since Saturday haven’t seen more than 10 guys a night 

Yes, your right. The nights have been calm, last week was completely dead, few fish, no fisherman.

These tides have not been very bad, at least where I have fished we've had a good space to ourselves.

I spoke more of last year. Absolute insanity is the only way to describe what we experienced last season.

Edited by Sandbar1

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

9 hours ago, SPCFudgie said:

Why didn’t you catch? One of the jersey boys shined their light in the water? You guys are a trip ripping jersey guys. Ride your bike walk down 6 rocks and fish. No public access issues no parking permits nobody towing your car. It’s a vacation for us. 

No, because I suck at fishing.

(*member formerly known as ''duntonsdragons)

12 hours ago, SPCFudgie said:

Outside of the McDonald’s being atrocious I have no complaints. every restaurant/store I’ve been and the few fisherman I have run into have been pleasant. 

I was stuck at that McDonalds for like an hour

LIBBA #2599

MSA #2599

Gateway Striper Club