Interesting bamboo fly (?) rod, can anyone identify it ?

Sudsy

No markings anywhere but a very distinctive butt

This is a fly rod, right ??

Fairly heavy, there's a quarter in the photo for perspective,

I'd think it might make a good salmon rod.

20180611_180048_resized.jpg

20180611_180100_resized.jpg

20180611_180106_resized.jpg

20180611_180114_resized.jpg

20180611_180129_resized.jpg

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

The opening in the tip top is very small, be a tight squeeze to get a fly line through

could this be a centerpin rod ?

Edited by Sudsy

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

3 piece - two tip sections

Edited by Sudsy

Any bamboo rod of value has a distinctive name to it, like Leonard to pick one. The no names, or generic named ones have very low value.  There is one name out there that is related to bamboo rods and so many are out there, name escapes me now that are just a cheap everyone owned one rod. If I was to guess this one like the ones I’ve had and seen are from Japan. Very low value, $20-50. Some come in sliding wood top cases, others just a cloth case. You’d be able to sell it to someone that is collecting these and is only interested because of that. You won’t get the buyer that wants the real thing. 

1 hour ago, saltfisherman said:

Any bamboo rod of value has a distinctive name to it, like Leonard to pick one. The no names, or generic named ones have very low value.  There is one name out there that is related to bamboo rods and so many are out there, name escapes me now that are just a cheap everyone owned one rod. If I was to guess this one like the ones I’ve had and seen are from Japan. Very low value, $20-50. Some come in sliding wood top cases, others just a cloth case. You’d be able to sell it to someone that is collecting these and is only interested because of that. You won’t get the buyer that wants the real thing. 

South Bends bamboo fly rods can be pricey.

Edited by IslandSurf

SW

Not actually a fly rod.  Even thought it may not be signed (which it actually may be even if you don’t see it), things like the unique looking butt section can also in a way be a signature.  Along with the wraps, guides and other parts used etc.  someone out there may recognize this style and be able to attribute it to a certain maker. Just not me.. 

Montague was another brand of popular and inexpensive fly rods.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

9 hours ago, Mikeinri said:

Not actually a fly rod.  Even thought it may not be signed (which it actually may be even if you don’t see it), things like the unique looking butt section can also in a way be a signature.  Along with the wraps, guides and other parts used etc.  someone out there may recognize this style and be able to attribute it to a certain maker. Just not me.. 

Looking at it a bit closer here's what makes me think it's not a fly rod

The opening in the tip is barely a 16'th of an inch - Most of my fly lines are thicker than this

If it's not a fly rod, what exactly is it? 

The snake guides say fly rod, the handle and the tip says something else

Centerpin ??

20180612_164207_resized.thumb.jpg.410aba3e1bef16940b6b6639f4fcd6bb.jpg