Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass Ackwards

9mm Mini Gun Question

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Seems like all the pocket 9mm's are either 6+1 or 7+1. Not too long ago Sig came out with the P365 that is 10+1 and the demand for them has been unreal. A waiting list of over 100 people at my gun shop. But they are garbage as reported by Fishweewee. Sig has proven that a mini 9mm that holds 3 or 4 more rounds can be built and a demand is there for them. Why doesn't a company like Glock do it and build it with reliable parts. My guess is that the first company that comes out with a reliable pistol in 9mm that's the size  of a Glock 43/Sig P938 that holds 10+1 will have people beating a path to their door for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you got 10rds in a Glock 43 it would look like a Fat girl in Yoga pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 mins ago, jolly mon said:

If you got 10rds in a Glock 43 it would look like a Fat girl in Yoga pants

Chunky, not fat. :laugh: I would think only the handle would need to more girth. Sig did it with the P938, it can be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SiG made a semi-staggered magazine that worked. They deserve credit for that, I'm sure many have tried and failed. 

 

Others will follow.

 

:v:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I waited 5 weeks for my P365 and I really like it.  The P365 fits my hand much better than my Glock 26, even with an extender on the Glock magazine.  I am much more accurate with the P365 also, likely due to a better fit in my hand. To each his own.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, gadwall8 said:

SiG made a semi-staggered magazine that worked. They deserve credit for that, I'm sure many have tried and failed. 

 

Others will follow.

 

:v:

Sig paved the way, showed that it can be done and there is a strong market for it. Being 68 years old I hope they get their act together and make one while I still can utilize it. The idea of having a Sig P938 in my pocket and it not working when needed doesn't thrill me but may end up happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever get off the "it needs to fit in my pocket" there's a world of guns out there ;)

 

:v:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Whether in your pocket, on your hip or inside your waistband. 

Short stubby high capacity 9mm or a thinner single stack gun. As big as 45s can be they are quite thin or at least they can be. 

The sig 938, Glock 43 feel way small to me. The G26 is the best compromise in my opinion if you want a true 10 round gun. 

Gotta carry what you're 100% confident with. 

Chances of using it are slim to none. Stats say 1-3 shots fired on average inside of 10'. 

I love my G19 but the ultra compact 45 tossing 230grain bombs is just sexy.  Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LBI SurfRat said:

All comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Whether in your pocket, on your hip or inside your waistband. 

Short stubby high capacity 9mm or a thinner single stack gun. As big as 45s can be they are quite thin or at least they can be. 

The sig 938, Glock 43 feel way small to me. The G26 is the best compromise in my opinion if you want a true 10 round gun. 

Gotta carry what you're 100% confident with. 

Chances of using it are slim to none. Stats say 1-3 shots fired on average inside of 10'. 

I love my G19 but the ultra compact 45 tossing 230grain bombs is just sexy.  Lol. 

I've had a CCL for close to 50 years and only had to pull it once and thankful I didn't need to use it. I know that the few extra rounds a 10 shot offers me will never be needed, it's just something I want. I also want it to ride comfortably and in the pocket is the most comfortable and most concealable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I've had a CCL for close to 50 years and only had to pull it once and thankful I didn't need to use it. I know that the few extra rounds a 10 shot offers me will never be needed, it's just something I want. I also want it to ride comfortably and in the pocket is the most comfortable and most concealable.

That's the confidence part. I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LBI SurfRat said:

That's the confidence part. I agree. 

Thanks. It just that people like Gads like to pick on me because my dogs better than his. hehehehehe :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Thanks. It just that people like Gads like to pick on me because my dogs better than his. hehehehehe :D

Sounds like you guys need to have a contest. I'll show up with my Ithaca SxS 20ga and hunt behind each of them. Lol. 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Sounds like you guys need to have a contest. I'll show up with my Ithaca SxS 20ga and hunt behind each of them. Lol. 

;)

I wished I still could, it would be a lot of fun. My days of following a dog are long gone. And so is my 12ga Ithaca SKB that was one of my two bird guns. Now my friend carries it behind his GSP and my son carries the other, a 20ga Winchester 101 sk&sk which I don't think he's shot in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.