Another new low...............

Rate this topic

Incredible, then in a few days there will be a post about how much trash is down there and please pick up after yourself. I understand a bait shops job is to make money but a simple edit of the background would go a long way, and it can be done as simply and quickly as uploading the pic in Microsoft paint. Isn’t this what every fisherman in

the history of fishing has complained about at one time or another, and that’s just a guys looses lips it’s not always/usually accompanied by a picture.

Edited by OOB Fisherman

What a friggin "Shakespeareian Thread: Much Ado About Nothing!!"  So they put a picture of a bunch of rods standing along the river by the mill, not like it's a top secret spot.  Don't like the web page, don't shop there, but don't complain about a small local business trying to make a buck, a more and more difficult challenge with the advent of etail.  

You should be glad you have access to a decent tackle shop locally.  The nearest tackle shop to me, which is marginal at best is 40 miles away so I'm forced to use the internet for my needs or schlep 70 miles one way to Cabela's or wherever "The Tackle Shop" on India Street moved to in case on an emergency.  That being said, I wouldn't trade my long-distance emergency schlepping for fishing with the crowd for anything.  Enjoy yourselves, but remember that no one has a monopoly of the fish, at least last time I looked...

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

59 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

What a friggin "Shakespeareian Thread: Much Ado About Nothing!!"  So they put a picture of a bunch of rods standing along the river by the mill, not like it's a top secret spot.  Don't like the web page, don't shop there, but don't complain about a small local business trying to make a buck, a more and more difficult challenge with the advent of etail.  

You should be glad you have access to a decent tackle shop locally.  The nearest tackle shop to me, which is marginal at best is 40 miles away so I'm forced to use the internet for my needs or schlep 70 miles one way to Cabela's or wherever "The Tackle Shop" on India Street moved to in case on an emergency.  That being said, I wouldn't trade my long-distance emergency schlepping for fishing with the crowd for anything.  Enjoy yourselves, but remember that no one has a monopoly of the fish, at least last time I looked...

This tackle shop could close doors and I don’t think that many would care. Place is a joke and posting a spot like that that they burn every year makes it worse every year. Secret spot or not posting spots with big fish is not healthy for the spot. Case in point all the trash at this location that got way worse after they posted the pic. Not only that there is only a few spot to land and release fish properly. Throwing  fish off a wall and dragging them up it is almost certain death for the fish.  I remember even just a couple years ago how uncrowded it was vs the other side not it’s a total flip

2 hours ago, Theflyguy said:

This tackle shop could close doors and I don’t think that many would care. Place is a joke and posting a spot like that that they burn every year makes it worse every year. Secret spot or not posting spots with big fish is not healthy for the spot. Case in point all the trash at this location that got way worse after they posted the pic. Not only that there is only a few spot to land and release fish properly. Throwing  fish off a wall and dragging them up it is almost certain death for the fish.  I remember even just a couple years ago how uncrowded it was vs the other side not it’s a total flip

I think your point that its a total flip brings up the argument that regardless of the high visibility of bad behavior in that spot it was ALL happening in equal amounts elsewhere before the spot got popular, I would be suprised if that spot burn alone caused anyone to take up striper fishing and keep/ kill fish they otherwise would not have. I agree people need to treat the fish better and give them a chance to survive if they get released but I don't think the shop is to blame for balloon knots who have been mistreating every fish they get their hands on for years before the knew about that spot. the issue for me isn't people catching more fish than they would elsewhere its mistreating fish in general no matter if its a place that no one witnesses it or somewhere that the 20 fisherman right next to them watch and follow suit. Happy fishing and release those shorts and cows safely :rav:

WOW!  WAH WAH. Picture on a website that burns a location OK I get it. Got to love the man that fishes that thinks every spot is his. I look at all the post ( way way to many) the complainers have, GO FISHING.  I looked on other web sites all kinds of pictures showing locations.Every tackle shop I have been in has all kinds of pictures of fish on the wall with big smiling proud fisherman or women. The picture is of rods no fish! SUPPORT your local shop Dah! lots of young kids fishing there. Look a little lower instead of having your nose in  the air and show the kids how to do it or help someone.You really think that migrating stripers are going to be fished out?  Anyone that has been in there knows its a great shop. Go to all the other secret fishing spots you own. I know how this works, Don't like my comment I get kicked or deleted. Go fishing and put a smile on! Dont you go to this site to get info about fishing?

Edited by pollydog
spelling

Just a SOL rules reminder:  No personal attacks. Don't post links to any com sites (like the tackle shop in question). Also, the photo on the tackle shop (in question) site would be considered a spot burn under SOL rules. So don't copy and post it here.  Thanks

This is a joke - posting pictures be said shop at said place is like posting pictures at a fish hatchery pond. Everyone and their mother knows about it. Why is everyone getting all bent about it? I understand the spot burning rule but this is like saying that there are mackerel at the end of the State Pier or that there are trout at the aquarium on the Presumpscot are spot burns. There are already 25 guys there at any tide.

Edited by aland