Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tpoliti

Cabo PT Reels

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

It seems every damn catalog I get. and I get them all, LOL, has a pic of this reel. I've handled it in stores and am considering one. Has anyone actually used one? Likes/Dislikes? I realize that the reel isn't that old so durability is a question that probably can't be answered, yet. Just looking for another reel in the $150-200 range for a 9' rod. It will be spooled with braid. Right now I'm looking at either the Cabo PT 60 or the Penn Slammer 560. How about a little feedback from the gallery?

Thanks

Tony

I had 2 460 slammers they were nice reels until you dunked them,then you had no drag.So I sold them .One of the reels was 2yrs. old, no problems other than than drag.

I have a PT40 and have been 95% satisified with it. The only problem I have had was the roller bearing started to corrode inside. I pulled it apart and lubed it up and it has been problem free since.

The trick, I found, is to make sure you squeeze oil into the bearing after wash down. I used to just put a drop of oil into either side of the bearing and think it would work it's way in but it doesn't.

Although the reel is not as smooth as my Sustain or Stella when cranking, I find the drag to be more consistent than that of the Sustain.

As for durability, I put it through it's paces in the Keys with Tarpon, Jacks and Cuda as well as up here with Bass, Blues and Albies and it has been solid.

D