charloots

Jean has a long moustache . . -

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

My son is in France now on a trip with his chorale group from school and performed in Normandy today.  He told me, that many of the 16-18yo boys there from his group, including himself stood on that beach, then walked up the path to Garden of the Missing, then stood overlooking the gravestones at the flags and had varying degrees of tears in their eyes.  International students as well, most not even understanding why.  But my son did share that he was truly inspired today like nothing he has ever experienced before.  So maybe there is hope for this generation. :th:  

15 mins ago, Kneel said:

My son is in France now on a trip with his chorale group from school and performed in Normandy today.  He told me, that many of the 16-18yo boys there from his group, including himself stood on that beach, then walked up the path to Garden of the Missing, then stood overlooking the gravestones at the flags and had varying degrees of tears in their eyes.  International students as well, most not even understanding why.  But my son did share that he was truly inspired today like nothing he has ever experienced before.  So maybe there is hope for this generation. :th:  

:th:

i haven't been up there yet, its quite a ways away from where my wife's family is and in the opposite direction from paris, but i hope to some day.

i have to look at some of my pictures, but i think some of the churches in some of the tiny little towns honor americans by name and rank that died in their towns. i'm talking tiny towns 10 hours away from normandy too.

Good stuff kneel. Fwiw, I've seen enough good in our kids generation to not worry about the future.

Also, I just fired up The Longest Day. We're going in, boys!

13 hours ago, gadwall8 said:

It's nice to see messages like this from my French acquaintances and friends....

:v:

feel free to tell them <<allez vouz foudre, vous salles culs>>

Had had FOX on almost all day today.  Very surprising how little time has been devoted to D-Day.

I'd have thought it would be the main story of the day, but not so much.

Disappointing.

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

Had had FOX on almost all day today.  Very surprising how little time has been devoted to D-Day.

I'd have thought it would be the main story of the day, but not so much.

Disappointing.

It really sucks how far we have slipped as far as remembering the men and women that made this the greatest nation on earth! Not just today, but memorial day veterans day, confederate memorial day ECT.

Really pisses me of,

I remember sitting in a vfw one time, some old guy started telling a story, to one up a Vietnam vet lol.

He said when they got to Normandy , their landy craft got hit or something they had to bail out to soon, the first few rows of guys jumped of the landing craft and sunk like rocks, so he dropped his backpack and jumped in with only his rifle, when he made it to shore he had to steal gear of of a dead guy and use him for cover...

That's gotta be a memory you really don't want...

33 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

It really sucks how far we have slipped as far as remembering the men and women that made this the greatest nation on earth! Not just today, but memorial day veterans day, confederate memorial day ECT...........

It's such a missed opportunity.  You'd think they'd do something cool, like every hour on the hour do a 10 minute piece explaining what was happening on D-Day at this exact hour 74 years ago.

Drop the Stormy Daniels, Comey, Hillary, Papadop, Manifort, Russia, illegals, NK, Tweeting BS for just 10 minutes an hour, and give everyone a reminder of exactly how it all went down.  Show some footage.  Do some interviews with those that lived through it.  Stuff like that.

How hard would that really be?